Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC CLASSIC (1911)

Sean_ht

17 minutes ago, Sean_ht said:

Wow, so the PM9 with almost half the price of STI DVC-Classic has a better quality?!

it's not big deal .if u will remove all burrs from the STI DVC 🙉  it will be much better competition gun with 5.4" barrel and longer slide. 

21 hours ago, yigal said:

it's not big deal .if u will remove all burrs from the STI DVC 🙉  it will be much better competition gun with 5.4" barrel and longer slide. 

in 9mm I don't think the longer slide is any advantage. I shot one in 40, and I think it probably is an advantage there.

I read somewhere that for the weight issue of STI, I need to change the recoil rod with an aluminium version. 

So at the price range of the STI DVC-Classic 1911, could you please share your suggest/s for the SS division?

On 12/30/2019 at 12:00 PM, Sean_ht said:

I read somewhere that for the weight issue of STI, I need to change the recoil rod with an aluminium version. 

So at the price range of the STI DVC-Classic 1911, could you please share your suggest/s for the SS division?

You can also use an aluminium mainspring housing or at least that what I did when my Trojan didn't make .