Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting a Sig Romeo 3 Max to a Stock2

bravobravo

Finally got my hands on a Romeo 3 Max. Was wondering if anyone knew if there are any issues with milling my Stock2 slide to except the Sig R3 Max.

I would be thankful to hear from anyone who has successfully or unsuccessfully attempted this and also who was used to do the work.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my slide and romeo 3 max out to Patriot Defense last week. 

My fingers are crossed hoping it works out well.

I will report back on my experience with both the slide lightening and optic milling Patriot is doing, hopefully within the 3 week turn around time they are promising.

4 hours ago, bravobravo said:

I sent my slide and romeo 3 max out to Patriot Defense last week. 

My fingers are crossed hoping it works out well.

I will report back on my experience with both the slide lightening and optic milling Patriot is doing, hopefully within the 3 week turn around time they are promising.

Hoping to have you finished by the end of the week, headed back to you no later than the beginning of next. 

6 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Hoping to have you finished by the end of the week, headed back to you no later than the beginning of next. 

Joe, thanks for the update and thanks in advance for the swift turnaround. 

I decided to have this work done by Patriot based on all the positive comments on this forum.

This community has been a tremendous source of information and help and Joe your input here is greatly appreciated!

On 1/15/2020 at 10:09 AM, skullmug said:

@bravobravo Did you ever end up having this done?

Received my slide from Patriot today, they completed the Optic Cut and Slide Lightening Cut. Including the time for me to ship it to them and Patriot to ship it back to me, exactly 2 weeks to the day!

Everything looks nice, the only issue was not only does the firing pin safety need to be shortened (which they supplied), but the extractor pin was now way too long.

So I called and spoke with Joe at Patriot to verify that a quick shortening of the extractor pin with a Dremel cutting wheel would do the trick. And it did.

After that I assembled the slide with the Extreme heavy guide rod instead of the Patriot light weight guide rod I was using to make CO weight.

I left the single sided thumb safety on and put a ShockBottle base pad on a 10 round mag. With the Henning grips 44.4 ounces.

In dry fire i like the everything about the Romeo3 Max, the thin bezel,  the glass, the crisp 6 moa dot that sits lower than the Vortex Viper I was using that was mounted on a rear sight dovetail mounting plate. Now I hope the Max has the durability I hear that the SRO seems to have. Unlike the Viper that I had to replace 4 times last year (thank goodness for Vortex's excellent customer service!).

IMG_1014.jpg.b925a246d3604f14416333461a591ad5.jpgIMG_1010.jpg.c6775edda10996414d630afc7c13827f.jpgIMG_1006.jpg.a8278ef0b084e965a6d8402dd123f49a.jpgIMG_1005.jpg.916c00fe2df8ffd3d26d258db1ea4ae7.jpgIMG_1004.jpg.2fc515d5ba48e8e383d9455767d861d6.jpg

Edited by bravobravo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Aggie said:

How have things held up since your last post?

Not to good as far as reliability. I have two pretty much identical Stock 2s, both cut for 3max. In the last two years 

I have lost track of how many times I have sent them in for replacement, I think about 5 times between both of them.

I love shooting with them when they run, clear glass, thin frame around the glass, wide field of view. just poor reliability.