Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot for G17

mtwain56

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, dapribek said:

With the 2.5 DPP, I had a hard time finding the dot. The SRO, with the 5.0 dot solved my problem. 

I see. My DPP has the 7.5 Delta.  I would be going the other direction on dot size.  Sometimes I feel like the 7.5 is a little big.  Although the point on the delta is very nice for the long tight shots. Thank you.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, mtwain56 said:

Getting a glock  17 g4

Looking for a top quailty Red Dot sight with good battery life, auto shut-off, and moa of 5.

What are my choices?

Got the glock 17, put on the Trijicon RMR. 3.5 MOS. Good battery life, but no auto shut off.   This is to be a "carry" gun, but I'm learning how to shoot at a local Steel Match. Red Dot is so much better then my iron sights. Happy with my decision,  thanks for everyones input!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:11 PM, Magsz said:

You are absolutely correct.

However, Trijicon is trying not to step on their own dicks.  They want an obvious delineation between products so that people will buy according to category.  Most people dont come to forums and ask questions or do much thinking for themselves.

They walk into a gun store, buy their new red dot ready pistol and ask what they need for combat.  The guy behind the counter, who served sixteen tours in OIF, Vietnam and WWII will immediately tell them because of his two minutes of training and experience that the Trijicon RMR is what that person needs.

For the average concealed carry user that wants to pull double duty and shoot some matches with their carry gun and also have fun at the range, the SRO is without a doubt, ready for that.

Magsz, you get it.