Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Passport Guru?

Recommended Posts

I’m applying for passport but just realized my dad’s middle name is spelled wrong on my birth certificate. Should I :

Just fill the form out with incorrect spelling?

Spell it correctly and hope they don’t notice?

Go through the court system to get his name corrected on my BC , then apply for passport?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, as it turns out electronic filing of these documents actually paid off. Went to a county vital statistics office and swore an affidavit to the correct spelling. They faxed it to the state and they approved the name change of dads middle name on my BC. Printed and notarized a new one. No hassle and no charge!

Edited by Sarge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...