Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 vs Tristar P120

Stafford

Looking for a back-up competition pistol. I have a Shadow 2 on the way for USPSA. And I want to get something for IDPA which I don’t shoot as much. There is a $200 difference in price between the SP01 and the P120. I might shoot 6-7 IDPA local matches a year so this pistol would be a range gun as much as anything. And it would be my back-up to my Shadow 2 for USPSA.

All of the reviews seem positive for the P120. I can get either one. And I will likely add sights, grips, and trigger work as long term projects for the pistol. 

Edited by Stafford

Looking for a back-up competition pistol. I have a Shadow 2 on the way for USPSA. And I want to get something for IDPA which I don’t shoot as much. There is a $200 difference in price between the SP01 and the P120. I might shoot 6-7 IDPA local matches a year so this pistol would be a range gun as much as anything. And it would be my back-up to my Shadow 2 for USPSA.

All of the reviews seem positive for the P120. I can get either one. And I will likely add sights, grips, and trigger work as long term projects for the pistol. 
What are you asking specifically?

8cb45ae7bbd5d5adcd02bdee33cb2101.jpgc0e1b72f31486067b92f8846dbc668c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Both are fantastic and you can do everything to the p120 that you can to the CZ, except get an aftermarket safety. Resale will be better with the CZ, and the finish will be a bit more durable. I'd say the machining is slightly better on the Tristar. Whenever I handle my p120 I'm amazed at how well-fitted and smooth it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think the P120 is very nice for the money, add a few springs and the trigger improves greatly.

I know a lot of CZ parts fit, not sure which don't, but there aren't really any replacement parts available, which is a thing in a high round count role.

Buying again, I'd probably go CZ.

I decided to go with the SP-01. From what I read, the trigger reach may be a bit longer on the P-120. And the beaver tail may be a bit better on the CZ. Not a lot of differences though. A Tristar C100 may be in my future. 

Edited by Stafford

• 4 weeks later...