Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig TacOps w/optics

U2fan61

EGW Dovetail mount on a 226, DDP optic for over 30,000 rounds

Bbl cracked at about 100k on the gun and replaced the bbl 

Optic didn't need to be resighted by some miracle of God and sig!! LOL

DT mounts work great, also have one on an old 1911 that has well over 50k on it with an old style delta point still running strong!

Using a dovetail adapter for a mount allows you to use any reflex sight you want.  If you have the slide milled you are limited to those sights with mounting screws on .550" centers.  If you also want locating pins, your choices are more limited.  I have a custom 1911 with an RTS2 mounted directly to the slide.  I also use locating pins.  I believe the Romeo series uses the RTS2 footprint.  If so, it should work fine.  BTW, I thought mounting the sight closer to the bore would help with close shots.  The difference in hold over for 5 yard head shots is minimal.  I would not do it again because of the expense in having the slide milled and then refinished.

I have EGW dovetail mounts on two Dan Wessons, one a PM-9 and the other a Valor .45. Mounted Vortex Venoms on both and on the PM-9 have about 11,000 rounds through it and the gun and sight have been trouble free. Also have a CZ SP-01 Shadow Orange also with a EGW dovetail mount and a Venom rds. About 3,000 rounds through this one and both have been trouble free.