Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Merry Christmas from Limcat - New Limcat Razorcat!!

Nevadazielmeister

Shooters, I just received yesterday my new Limcat Razorcat in 38 Super Comp. I went with all of the upgrades possible and wanted to share the photos/features with you. They worked very hard to get this masterpiece to me by Christmas and they did not disappoint. I want to say thank you to Johnny, Julian, Christian, James and Ben over at Limcat Customs who worked so hard. Even my friend James, who worked over the weekend to get this done. I was able to test fire it yesterday and am AMAZED at how flat it shoots. I am looking forward to using this gun all year and cannot be more grateful. 

IMG_1269.thumb.JPG.a92857ca12c5cbb2465bbbe4f822fcc1.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They recently upgraded their slides to include a ball detent for removing the charging handle. They utilized a dual ball detent system which holds the handle in place very effectively. You will also notice that the trigger is more or less hollow. The sight mount is a bit more beefy than earlier versions. The Limcat Custom safety is right hand dominant and feels very comfortable. You will notice the thumb rest is well placed. A previous Limcat I was borrowing utilized the same thumb rest and several shooters commented on its perfect placement. 

IMG_1271.thumb.JPG.d53348dcb11f2d86c9ae354cec96285e.JPG

Here you get a good look at the steel handle upgrade. This balances the Limcat really well, placing more weight to the back of the gun, giving it easier acquisition (for me) and improved recoil management. The magazine release is adjustable and has been positioned to my personal preference. 

IMG_1272.thumb.JPG.1b2594480b62d44a7fd64a05a77f0c8d.JPG

Here you get a sense of the detail Johnny places into these works of art. The cerakoating is exquisite. I was allowed to chose my own color from Gunkote’s KG2400 Color Series, a preferred paint choice with Limcat. The folks at Limcat were gracious enough to allow me to position the thumb rest further forward if I so choose. 

IMG_1275.JPG

Here is a close up of Johnny's own compensator design. Here you can see evidence of 5 popple holes, but some of his has as many as 9. Here there are 3 on top and 2 out the sides. The holes closer to the end of the compensator will be discussed later but are a delayed port situation. 

IMG_1276.thumb.JPG.129c5d5bdb8aef8c6bfe1137ac819ea8.JPG

Here is Johnny's designed magwell. He described the steel here as "unbendable", which I will take his word for it. My friend Scott Greene has demonstrated how this magwell is self correcting, for those times when you insert the magazine in a hurry and it is not at the perfect angle. 

IMG_1281.thumb.JPG.a9a96cd01706f81826067237de77aaed.JPG

IMG_1283.thumb.JPG.b57c75c83e91314d24f044365c430133.JPG

This is the last shot, I promise. 

I have enjoyed working with my friends at Limcat Customs. They are a family run business. The owner, Johnny, left a highly profitable industry to follow his passion and it shows in his work. He and everyone working there are generous and supportive of the sport. I highly recommend any of their products, which I have personally seen them test and use in the field. They are easy to work with and if there are any problems, they will make them right. This sense of integrity is hard to find sometimes. Find it in abundance at Limcat Customs. 

Sincerely,

Neil Gift

21 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Just curious why one would choose 38 super over 9 major?

Johnny put it best: 9mm major is cheaper but 38 Super Comp shoots better. Pretty simple comment. 

Thank you everyone for the comments. I just wanted to show what Johnny is capable of. He is a really great guy and employs good people. I am glad I finally was able to save up and afford something like this.