Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target Pasters

Club recently bought a case of target pasters from Shooters Connection.   We buy all our targets and pasters from them.  This case of pasters will hardly stick to the cardboard targets, especially when applied with a paster gun and not pressed really hard to the target.  This is true even for dry and warm indoor matches.  They are falling off just from subsequent bullet strikes on the targets.  We have not had this problem before.  I am wondering if they have changed the specs, changed manufacturer, or just got a bad batch.  I plan to call them to discuss but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with Shooter Connection pasters in the last couple of months.

• 1 year later...

Had a call today referencing this thread and one other here. So i wanted to address it. If these were new pasters I wish you would have called us to get it resolved. This has never been an issue with new pasters. Yes they do get old and dried out with the time frame depending on storage conditions. We do use the most aggressive adhesive available for this application. It just hasn't been an issue which is why I am replying to this 16 months later.

12 minutes ago, chuckbradley said:

Had a call today referencing this thread and one other here. So i wanted to address it. If these were new pasters I wish you would have called us to get it resolved. This has never been an issue with new pasters. Yes they do get old and dried out with the time frame depending on storage conditions. We do use the most aggressive adhesive available for this application. It just hasn't been an issue which is why I am replying to this 16 months later.

I keep your pasters in my paster gun, and find when I go to matches especially in the cold your pasters work way better then what ever the club is using. 

This is the response from the manufacturer when I asked them about the possibility of adhesive being light. and th second question if he has ever seen stock come in with light adhesive.

"

We have not changed anything about the paster labels; we are still using the same material and adhesive we always have used in the past.  The adhesive is actually applied by the paper mill, not something that we apply in house, so there should not be any chance of the adhesive running out during production.

If I may ask, are the trouble pasters being applied to recycled cardboard?  We had some issues in the past with some recycled boxes we'd purchased - we couldn't even get carton tape to stick to them, let alone labels.  Could this be a possibility?

Please let us know your thoughts.  We take any issues you may have very seriously and want to help all we can to solve them."

"Almost never.  The paper companies do have a range of tolerance in their spec, but it's generally pretty tight.  If there are specific orders these happened on we could try to get the company to analyze them, but I've almost never seen any material that was far out of spec without it being noticed in the production process."