Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther mag button

waktasz

The Dawson Lo Pro button fits perfectly. I cut off the threaded shaft and epoxied it to the button. It's almost the exact same diameter. 
It's even IDPA legal, only sticks out .175 from the frame. 

button.jpg

Edited by waktasz

Is there enough material in the button to drill a hole allowing the threaded piece, or part of it, to fit inside before the epoxy?  This is a great idea!

I'm getting a Q5 SF this week.  After following all the countless threads and now the thin LOK grips, I figured it was time.  I have all kinds of items inbound and don't have the gun yet!

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, WxGuy said:

Is there enough material in the button to drill a hole allowing the threaded piece, or part of it, to fit inside before the epoxy?  This is a great idea!

I'm getting a Q5 SF this week.  After following all the countless threads and now the thin LOK grips, I figured it was time.  I have all kinds of items inbound and don't have the gun yet!

I just ordered the Lo Pro mag button with the 4-40 thread. The PPQ SF mag button is magnetic so it should drill and tap fine to accept the Lo Pro. 

Edited by ohsevenflhx

On 3/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, ohsevenflhx said:

I just ordered the Lo Pro mag button with the 4-40 thread. The PPQ SF mag button is magnetic so it should drill and tap fine to accept the Lo Pro. 

When you start/finish this project, show us a few pics of your progress.  I really like the idea.  I have an extra button laying around from a 2011 build.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, ohsevenflhx said:

That’s a great idea. 🤔

I drilled and tapped the mag release button and am using the LoPro extension. Looks and operates great. Use caution when drilling the magazine release button. Only drill through the button part and then use a bottom tap carefully. If you don't want to tap the hole then mic the threads of the LoPro button and drill to that size and just epoxy the button into the mag release. That way your into the magazine release, not just on top of it. Works great for reloads now.