Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO Red Dot Sights for Legion


Big Guy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know this has been beaten to death, but, since the Romeo1 Pros are nowhere to be found, which is the better option, a Romeo3 Max or the Trijicon SRO?

 

A buddy that has done all the research indicated I can't go wrong with either.

 

What is the consensus?

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Romeo 1 will also work with very minimal modifications. I was skeptical, but had an extra one. You have to open the holes in the scope up to accept the proper M4 screws, and a Romeo 1 will mount in the cut without an adapter plate. Those are the only 3 scopes that work w/o plates currently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2019 at 5:49 AM, Big Guy said:

I know this has been beaten to death, but, since the Romeo1 Pros are nowhere to be found, which is the better option, a Romeo3 Max or the Trijicon SRO?

 

A buddy that has done all the research indicated I can't go wrong with either.

 

What is the consensus?

 

 

 

 

 

I prefer the Romeo 3 , but they are both great optics. The R3’s durability isn’t as proven because it hasn’t been around as long as the sro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2019 at 5:49 AM, Big Guy said:

I know this has been beaten to death, but, since the Romeo1 Pros are nowhere to be found, which is the better option, a Romeo3 Max or the Trijicon SRO?

 

A buddy that has done all the research indicated I can't go wrong with either.

 

What is the consensus?

 

 

 

 

 

I’m just wondering, why not Delta Point Pro? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Manwithnoname said:

I’m just wondering, why not Delta Point Pro? 

Not the new flavor of the month.

Problems are known, so no surprises.

The sro is still being figured out, double dots when facing the sun, some on off issues, some problems I'm sure with the sig stuff also.

I run sig and DPP s no major problems with either.  Had problems with multiple dots the first time out with the sro so I off loaded it as quickly as I got it.

Might try a holosun on a practice gun this coming year.

Buy a name brand and go shoot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Not the new flavor of the month.

Problems are known, so no surprises.

The sro is still being figured out, double dots when facing the sun, some on off issues, some problems I'm sure with the sig stuff also.

I run sig and DPP s no major problems with either.  Had problems with multiple dots the first time out with the sro so I off loaded it as quickly as I got it.

Might try a holosun on a practice gun this coming year.

Buy a name brand and go shoot

Sounds good. I had my two original (sliver barrel) X5s milled for DPP and tens of thousands of rounds on each with no problems. I know someone who dropped their legion X5 with SRO on springer plate in the case and cracked the lens. Also, another buddy has had nothing but battery problems. But, I’ve heard of issues with each brand, like you said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, xdnok said:

Springer Precision makes an adapter plate to mount the Romeo3 Max or RTS2, seems to work well on my Legion.

 

sdnok,

 

I just received the SP R3Max plate for the X-Five Legion (SP-0202).

 

During the installation, I noticed the hole patter in the back, does not fit the hole patter in the slide.

 

Did I get an out of spec plate or did you have to "fit" the plate to match the holes??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jsjac said:

Sounds like you got the plate for the non Pro sight cut/bolt pattern

 

I'm a little confused. 

 

The hole pattern that doesn't match is the one on the rear, which attaches the plate to the slide.

 

 

 

 

IMG_1331.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

The rear holes are for optic mounting to the plate, the countersunk holes are for mounting the plate to the slide. With the plate off, test fit the optic to the plate and make sure the screws don't extended below the plate. They kinda confused me at first as well.

 

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I'm a little confused. 

 

The hole pattern that doesn't match is the one on the rear, which attaches the plate to the slide.

 

 

 

 

IMG_1331.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I like the SRO of the two you have mentioned. Saying that I run a Holosun 507C on my regular P320 X5 right now. Lastly you may want to wait for Shot Show since I think there maybe some new stuff coming out. Thanks, Eric


That comment about SHOT Show speculation or a knowing wink and nod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...