Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P10 F experiences?

DFABOVE

I will be picking up my New plastic fantastic,full sized,striker fired CZ in a couple of days and would like to hear what those who already have them think![emoji1690]
Carry my p10F and dabble in carry optics with it. Phenomenal for the price

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

First thing to do is dry-fire the gun a lot.  The triggers are not very smooth from the factory.  The black oxide coating on the internals feels rough like parkerizing, but will wear off and smooth out considerably with use. 

If you want to tune for loads, Gen3 Glock 19 recoil springs (G17 springs are too long) and striker springs work great in the P-10F.

Also, don't be tempted squeeze an extra round into the magazine.  There needs to be at least 1/4" of space in the mag for the spring to compress.  Just because it will seat on a closed slide doesn't mean it will run happily.  The slide's center rib has a ramp that presses the top round in another .100" as it retracts.  Without enough space, the slide can be slowed by the resistance and fail to travel far enough to the rear.  Without enough energy on the return stroke, the top round ends up nose-diving into the feed ramp.  If you manage to stuff the rounds in so tight that there's no movement at all, on some guns the rim of the top round can stress the ejector leg during hard reloads, bending or breaking it over time.

If you like to tinker, most standard length punches are too short to poke the roll pins completely out of the frame and they can be quite tight.  Start them with short punches, then tap them the rest of the way out with extended punches.  A roll of tape works okay, but a good armorer's block makes life easier.  Avoid taking it apart if you can though.  I've taken mine down dozens of times playing with different trigger/parts, and each time the roll pins shave a little off the frame holes when they're tapped in the last few millimeters. 

Bought one and threw a Holosun 507c on it.  The thing is crazy easy to shoot, tracks well.  Shot it side by side with my buddies 320 Legion and Deltapoint Pro, the CZ tracked better for me and was more accurate.  I have polished the internals and put an HBI trigger in it, but left the factory firing pin spring so the pull is still 5+ pounds but decent.  I really dig it.  

Shot the compact over the weekend and decided to add a full size to my need to buy list. I liked the sites seamed to be very tight to the barrel and had considerable accuracy at 10 yds. It had a good recoil not much muzzle flip at all. It was a tad small in my large hands but I think the fullsize if it functions similar to the compact will be a great addition.

I think they are great guns. I shot the C in ccp in idpa and an F a few times in Production. If you're on a budget they are awesome choices. The lack of parts to get it jjjuusst how I wanted it to feel is what killed it for me as a long term choice.