Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
ffgats

Vortex Razor gen2-1-6 E

School me on the 2 reticles( vmr and JM) they look the same , any difference between the 2. Will replace the Swarvo Z8 1-8 that’s on my 3gun    With the Razor, the Swarvo will go to my Stag 10, will be for plinking and range use .. unfortunately can’t afford a another Swarvo or Khales for my 3gun rifle, what do you think should the PST2 1-6 for 3 gun, quality wise, your opinions are welcome. Thanks

btw can you recommend a good dealer price price for the Razor 

The JM is essentially a bullet drop reticle for up to 600 yards. Great if your ammo lines up with the drops. Likely better for 3 Gun as there is less info there to determine point of aim when on the clock.

The JM1 is a BDC reticle, which has estimated drop points out to 600 yards with a 200y zero, provided that your projectile is traveling ~2700-3000 FPS.  Other than that, they have MRAD and MOA versions where you can calculate your drop for various distances and remember them for matches.  The advantage to the former is that it is likely faster on the timer.  The advantage of the latter is that it is not tied to any specifics in regards to cartridge ballistics.  For 3gun, travail is correct that the JM1 is probably the best choice unless you are certain that your ammunition selection isn't going to roughly match the BDC for one reason or another.

You can always chronograph your intended match ammo and plug in the numbers on StrelokPro. It’ll show you your holdovers on the reticle screen. 

I use both the same way. My 18in gun and load lines up well with the JM1.  My 14.5in gun with the same load was way off. The MRAD reticle lined well though.  I zero at 200 with both and the marks line up with 300, 400, and 500 pretty close. I verified it via Strelock first.