Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cco in ccp box

f2benny

I am thinking of getting a 9mm cco for ccp this year. Not interested in comments related to other gun options. Specifically I'd like to hear if anyone has set up a gun for ccp and their experiences. Weight and size seem perfect in paper. I think i can get a magwell in too. Looking at three fusion cco too, but other suggestions of interest appreciated. Pm-c?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have two Colt Gunsite CCOs that I have carried for a decade. This year I bought a Springfield RO compact so I could get more practice time with a 9 v the recoil of a 45.

It is my understanding that if you say CCO it means that the frame is light with a 4 inch length.

FYI: the Springfield is OK, but I would not buy it again.

I have two Colt Gunsite CCOs that I have carried for a decade. This year I bought a Springfield RO compact so I could get more practice time with a 9 v the recoil of a 45.
It is my understanding that if you say CCO it means that the frame is light with a 4 inch length.
FYI: the Springfield is OK, but I would not buy it again.

Cco means officer frame with commander slide. Some are steel frames. What didn't you like about the range officer compact?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, f2benny said:

"What didn't you like about the range officer compact?"

Once again it is OK, with issues.

1.     First time out the lock, locked the gun up. Would not fire.

2.     It took 4 tries over 8 weeks to get Springfield to replace the mainspring housing. They sent the wrong part 3 times.

3.     When correct MSH showed up I had used the time to have a good smith work on the trigger so it was lighter and clean.

4.     The grip safety with the trigger work and new MSH no longer engages.

5.     Last, and probably most important is accuracy with all ammo and multiple shooters is crappy.

It should go back to Springfield, and they have offered. But that means they will not let it leave the shop with the GS not engaging, so there probably goes the trigger work. And, I have to take a day off and sit around waiting for return delivery.

Nothing earth shaking, nothing horrible, just all PITAs.

Last, the finish is just cheap looking and the gun has sharp edges all around. I wonder if Springfield would work the exterior? If they do the sharp parts would it require more money to refinish?

Edited by p7fl
typo