Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Defiant Stock Master & Limited Master

ClintMorris

Anyone see the email PD sent out with the new  Defiant Stock Master & Limited Master? Looks sexy and like a “gamer gun”. Lightened slide and bull barrel for production, yes please. I always wanted to hard chrome my stock 3 and it looks like they’re coming that way without the hassle of sending it off.

what’s everyone’s thoughts on it?

Edited by ClintMorris

2 hours ago, NWfront said:

I like the look of that Limited Master.   I'm curious about what price points they both come in at.

They had the stock master at $1450 and limited master at $1550 but had a note to call for a better price. Also includes a bolo and reamed chamber free with purchase. 

They look awesome. Brilliant to combine the heavy frame from Stock III with the bull barrel and lighter slide of the Limited Custom. Should shoot very flat! Would like one milled for optics.

Only downside is that they are only availible in the US for now. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, ClintMorris said:

They had the stock master at $1450 and limited master at $1550 but had a note to call for a better price. Also includes a bolo and reamed chamber free with purchase. 

Just bought my stock master from Joanna for $1,095.

3 hours ago, himurax13 said:

Would slapping a Limited slide on a stock 3 frame be legal for production?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rule 21.3 applies and it is basically no.

You can use and aftermarket slide as long as it “same length, contour and caliber, as the original for that model of gun.”

A barrel has to be same length and caliber. 

But it would seem you can for Limited. 

Read the official rule book to verify. 

Rule 21.3 applies and it is basically no.

You can use and aftermarket slide as long as it “same length, contour and caliber, as the original for that model of gun.”

A barrel has to be same length and caliber. 

But it would seem you can for Limited. 

Read the official rule book to verify. 

But both are 9mm Bull cone barrels with slides of the same dimensions...

4 hours ago, himurax13 said:

The Stock master does. It appears to have the same frame as the Stock 3.

Hmm.... the description on the Patriot Defense website for the Stock III says 4.75" cone barrel. 

Both of my stock 3's have regular rifling with straight walled barrels like my lim pros and elite matches.

The Stock Masters appear to be Stock 3 frames with limited 4.75" cone barrel slides with some fancy milling and hard chrome plating. Basically just a Stock 2 that is .25" longer.

The question was can one swap barrels and or slides and use the gun in Production?

The rule book answer is yes, if they are almost identical.

If the one barrel or slide is longer or is a cone vs a straight then for production it is a no go. 
Also don’t forget PD is selling IFG pistols, not EAA ones and they may order a bit different specs.

I purchased an IFG Limited Pro from PD and it has a straight barrel 4.75” in length. The slide and barrel combo fits and runs on my S2, but it is not Production legal using the S2 lower. Note, I purchased the gun because it is Carry Optics legal for IDPA and the S2 isn’t.  And the IFG Lim Pro has polygon rifling. 

One can swap all the parts they want and essentially shoot in Limited. 

Again, check the rule book rather than listen to the internet opinions. 

Of course some level 1/local matches may allow some things they probably shouldn’t in this department. 

Edited by HesedTech

The question was can one swap barrels and or slides and use the gun in Production?

The rule book answer is yes, if they are almost identical.

If the one barrel or slide is longer or is a cone vs a straight then for production it is a no go. 

Also don’t forget PD is selling IFG pistols, not EAA ones and they may order a bit different specs.

I purchased an IFG Limited Pro from PD and it has a straight barrel 4.75” in length. The slide and barrel combo fits and runs on my S2, but it is not Production legal using the S2 lower. Note, I purchased the gun because it is Carry Optics legal for IDPA and the S2 isn’t.  And the IFG Lim Pro has polygon rifling. 

One can swap all the parts they want and essentially shoot in Limited. 

Again, check the rule book rather than listen to the internet opinions. 

Of course some level 1/local matches may allow some things they probably shouldn’t in this department. 

They would be identical dimensionally (Stock 3 frame and limited slide with cone barrel) except for the cosmetic milling and exterior finish.

7 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

They would be identical dimensionally (Stock 3 frame and limited slide with cone barrel) except for the cosmetic milling and exterior finish.

Read the rules.  

One can use an after market barrel and slide as long as its basically identical to the factory original (it does mention rifling in the barrel so either would be legal) per the Production gun list. I did not see anything which stated we couldn’t paint it any color we desired. 

The slide may be modified only for the installation of sights. So your RO or RM may not approve of a slide milled different than the approved Production list. 

Edited by HesedTech

17 Slide Ports permitted

Yes, on factory original approved models.

Aftermarket slides and barrels

SLIDES: You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.
BARRELS: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.

The production list approved stock 3 model doesn't have slide ports, so the OFM replacement slide would not be the same contour as the original slide, even if the Stock 3 has a cone barrel (which I don't think it does). 

Once the Stock Master is on the list, I think swapping a limited complete slide/upper on a stock 3 could go either way (the color is covered by 21.2a). It depends on what the "original model of gun" is.

This isn't a P320, an STI frame, or a Zev receiver. The stock 3 frame says "Witness", not "Defiant".

• 3 weeks later...

I love these new Tanfos but those slide cuts are butt-ugly in comparison to the classic cuts. 

I'm sure these are a dream to shoot though, especially with someone who is used to the beef of a stock 3 and would like the advatanges of the cone barrel vs polygonal barrel