Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fat guy needs footwork help/training

Nick_shoots_fast

Me too LOL.

For footwork I am using an agility ladder once and a while, skipping and started crossfit.    I do box jumps once a week as well usually two sets of 15 and actually I jump on a tire not a box but you know.....  

Diet is confusing what works for some doesn't for others. Less sugar and eat whole foods seems to work for most. On the road I get a roasted chicken and veggy tray at a grocery store and it turns into lunch and supper.    I do this at home when we are too busy to cook and it helps not eating out.   Loosing the sugar has been the biggest help with less cravings. 

I try and keep to 2600 calories but this weekend that was a rough and my waistline did not move. I am doing a keto-ish diet but lately adding some carbs before a big workout.     

FYI the cravings don't go away but are easier to handle.   

I pushed the weighed sled for the first time and did a little running.  Almost down 70 pounds but another 25-30 pounds would put me where I want to get.  The next 20 pounds will be rough! 

What drills are you doing on the ladder?   My problem is I am spread a little thin and need to dedicate a day to speed training not to mention  more dry firing.   

Jump box?  

send me your email and I’ll send you the video my buddy sent me for the ladder. Haven’t started it just yet cause I want to lose about 10 pounds. Want to make it easier on my knees. Really want to go to the next level and this is the way to do that. Need to get physically faster. 

Box jumps.  A 20 or 24 inch box and you jump on it from the ground.   I use a 20 inch tire at gym its a great way to build explosive power.  Not sure if that's false advertising when I do it but 2 sets of 15 gives me a good boost to my heart rate and surely will help me improve my take off speed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big guy as well and the best advice I can give you is that any work out will improve your shooting performance.  Whether you walk at fast pace for a hour or hit the free weights.  But my agility and explosiveness went through the roof when I got back in gym and started back lifting.

For agility I like box jumps and agility ladders. To help simulate actuall completitions I load a laser bullet indicator in my shadow 2 and run through the house shooting all of the light switches and electrical outlets as they come into my line of sight. It helps that I have a second floor so I have to climb steps to go clear the rooms up there.