Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin selection help....

My daughter’s AR9 PCC has a Faxon new gen bolt and we need a replacement firing pin or two. Bought a new JP and it won’t fit in the hole and function correctly. I saw some at PSA. Are these ok? If not where should I get some? Went to the Faxon site and did not see an option to get just a FP. Thanks 

Edited by Posvar

Our firing pin (TACCOM) has been pretty much bullet proof (since we changed the design) and yes, we designed that taper that a lot of companies are now using. Ours also comes with a spring. I would say that except for some of the older ones we had that are still out there, the new design (almost a year now) has been excellent.

47 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Our firing pin (TACCOM) has been pretty much bullet proof (since we changed the design) and yes, we designed that taper that a lot of companies are now using. Ours also comes with a spring. I would say that except for some of the older ones we had that are still out there, the new design (almost a year now) has been excellent.

does the spring weight matter? Have you found a spring weight that works the best? 

27 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

does the spring weight matter? Have you found a spring weight that works the best? 

Firing pin spring? No

Recoil spring? No

Hammer spring? for the most part no.......if anything, the hiperfire set with the lightest trigger mmmmmmight be a factor (heaviest hammer force), but we've not been seeing that lately.

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

Thanks Tim

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

I have broken 2 Wilsons and a couple of other brands. Not only broken, but mushroomed the heads. So far the Taccom running in both our PCC's have been bullet proof. Thousands of rounds.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm