Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micro Roni

USPSA rules, Appendix D8:

6 Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position

•Note: Sig Brace and any variant thereof is not allowed

Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed, provided they meet the criteria above. (See Special Conditions)

Special Conditions:

1.Short Barreled Rifles (SBR’s) are permitted provided that the competitor is in full compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations concerning ownership and transport of the SBR.

2.Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed as long as the conversion is shot in PCC division, and meets the criteria in #6.

https://uspsa.org/documents/rules/2019_USPSA_Competition_Rules.pdf

Legislation might interfere but not the rules.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPSC:

5.1.10 The firearm must be fitted with a stock enabling it to be fired from the shoulder

https://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesPCC.pdf

Conversions are not mentioned -> they are not prohibited.

11 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

No. Its a pistol with a pistol brace. So still a pistol and not allowed in PCC. 

Take a look at what USPSA rules say.

edit:

It doesn't look like a "brace". It is a stock. Pretty slim but still a stock, even on the Micro, not to speak about the full size Roni.

micro roni.jpg

roni.jpg

Edited by perttime

The upper picture is the MICRO RONI® (NFA ITEM) which is legally in an entirely different category from the standard Micro Roni. That one would be allowed, although I have no idea why someone would SBR a pistol with some plastic bolted on, much less use it in a match.

Here's another my buddy said story...

I had toyed with the idea getting one. LGS has a part time employee who is full time PD. He said their department tested them and they began having reliably issues in a rather short time frame. Based on this and since I am not a glock fan boy I went another direction. Lots of good PCC options out there - braced, SBR or carbine 

This is a twist of legislation.

On my side of the world, a Roni is just an accessory to a pistol. The pistol is still a pistol if you can install and remove the accessory without tools. A Roni or Micro Roni would be the cheapest way to try PCC if you already have a compatible pistol.

A rifle or carbine is easier to get in terms of bureacracy, here, as long as you have at least 30 cm / 12" of barrel, and it cannot be fired at a length of less than 60 cm /24".

7 hours ago, perttime said:

This is a twist of legislation.

On my side of the world, a Roni is just an accessory to a pistol. The pistol is still a pistol if you can install and remove the accessory without tools. 

Well yes, it's all legal differences but you kinda make my point for me. A pistol with the Micro Roni with pistol brace is still legally a pistol. Which also makes it unable to compete in PCC, because its a pistol. A pistol with the stock version of the Roni is legally a long gun and can be used in PCC. But in the US its also in the Short Barreled Rifle category which is regulated similar to suppressors and requires more red tape than most people here are willing to deal with to turn a pistol into a not great and regulated rifle.

6 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Well yes, it's all legal differences but you kinda make my point for me. A pistol with the Micro Roni with pistol brace is still legally a pistol. Which also makes it unable to compete in PCC, because its a pistol. A pistol with the stock version of the Roni is legally a long gun and can be used in PCC. But in the US its also in the Short Barreled Rifle category which is regulated similar to suppressors and requires more red tape than most people here are willing to deal with to turn a pistol into a not great and regulated rifle.

Which kinda makes my point. USPSA allows it but US legislation makes it difficult.

Yes it is....emailed USPSA NROI and the MCK is not legal for PCC competition....just wanted official verification  for something we already knew.  Too bad they are really fun to shoot and would be a good starter for young shooters.