Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig sauer p320 x-five legion accessories

sbaker5

I have new sig sauer p320 x-five legion and I am looking for a few items, like competition mag holders (for USPSA optics) and grip tape made for this pistol, and a good competition holster.  Any advice or direction would be appreciated...and yes, I have searched the internet but didn't find anything.  So maybe my search skills are poor.

Springer Precision has most of what you need. Grip tape, etc. They make a ton of X5 accessories.
They carry a quick ship Red Hill Tactical Holster. They make a drop hanger for it.
As for pouches. I recemmend either the CR speed or Double Alpha. Which you can get from quite a few places online.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I like Double Alpha mag pouches, but I find the hardware to be lacking. The metal is pretty soft, and also come loose over time. Using a little locktite I find to be a must. 

Red Hill Tactical, and GX Products with its cam lever seem to be the "hot" USPSA holsters right now. If budget is a concern check out Blade Tech's Signature line, you can find them for $30 and they are IMO the best bang for your buck. 

I haven't tried the Springer Grip tape, but did try the Talon and found that it wouldn't adhere well and kept shifting on me. I'm not sure if it's because of the tungsten infused in the grip, b/c on on other guns I haven't had a problem with it moving. I just ended up having my grip stippled since I decide to re-contour it to better fit my hands.

Have springer grip tape on one of my x5’s. It’s held up better than ever expected.

I use a red hill tactical also. No complaints.

I haven’t used them with the sig but ghost mag pouches are what I used when shooting a lot of production. Much cheaper and work well. Using double alpha -alpha x pouches now. About as expensive as they get but no complaints. Super smooth , crazy amount of adjustments and no loctite needed.

The lower lines of double alpha are ok but no where near the alpha x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using the double alpha-x stuff and like it. The lock on my holster doesnt seem to work so i just dont carry between stages.

The springer tape works on the legion grip module and works pretty well I have about 5k rounds on my current tape and have a couple for backup. It doesnt cover the backstrap if thats an issue for you you may wanna get 2 and cut a strip for the back.

springers mag paddle is nice

springers fat guide rod is good im currently running a 14# spring with it but seamed to function fine with 12.5#. I went with tungsten because I got it before my txg grip

Gray guns kit works well(had a weird side efffects for me, no dry firing, havent heard of anyone else with this issue)

Gas peddle is nice too

Edited by m700

Hello: Look at Shooters Connection for all the stuff you need. I am using a Safariland holster, Safariland 771 pouches, Shooters Connection belt. Chuck also carries the Red Hill tactical holster and some different holster mounts as well as pouches. Shooters Connection is the best to deal with. Thanks, Eric

+1 to Shooters Connection. 

I’ve been using safariland 773 pouches for my x5. I’ve been tempted to try others, but I’d still recommend them for the money. 

RHT is a great option for the holster, fits the gun well even with the *thumb rest [generic]*. 

If you do try Springer grip tape, save the backing. Mine only lasted a couple matches before tearing at the circle cut out, but the backing gave me a great template to cut more. 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, Explosiveo said:

Springer Precision has most of what you need. Grip tape, etc. They make a ton of X5 accessories.
They carry a quick ship Red Hill Tactical Holster. They make a drop hanger for it.
As for pouches. I recemmend either the CR speed or Double Alpha. Which you can get from quite a few places online.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. Very helpful.

• 5 months later...

Hey can any of you guys using the safari land mag pouches tell me the Group size for the X5 (legion but I dont think it matters)? I have an old setup for a 226 and the X5 mags are way too tight. I think they were 773. I have one thats a 771, I believe, with the split side that does fit.

Safariland site sucks.

Thanks