Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
dghboy315

STI 2020 Staccato Lineup

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Glad to see you on here Buck.......

Thank you Sir, look forward to seeing you in Texas next time I'm in town!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buck8154 said:

I only deal with r&d for the LE/MIL side if the company, I will certainly pass that up.  Part of the reason was the absolutely abysmal sales of the edge prior to it being cut.

That’s unfortunate to hear. I love my Eagle, and would think they would have no issue selling plenty of them at the $2000 mark. Makes a great way to get into the 2011 platform for competitive shooting without completely breaking the bank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

That’s unfortunate to hear. I love my Eagle, and would think they would have no issue selling plenty of them at the $2000 mark. Makes a great way to get into the 2011 platform for competitive shooting without completely breaking the bank. 

I agree, but at the end of the day with edge sales dwindling down to hardly anything it was very hard to justify keeping it in production, even with an update, especially with such ling lead times on our models that were selling very well as we only have so much production capacity, and so many gun smiths.  Perhaps after some time off, the competition market will grow enough that there will be a market for the edge, or something like it to come back Into the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Buck8154 said:

Same as P $1999, and $2499 DUO

 

According to my notes I paid about $1600.00 for my STI single stack 9mm in 2007.  I stopped tracking  how many outlaw steel, uspsa and classes I've used it for after 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Buck8154 said:

I only deal with r&d for the LE/MIL side if the company, I will certainly pass that up.  Part of the reason was the absolutely abysmal sales of the edge prior to it being cut.

 

I can understand why the sale of the Edge was down. Even discounting the rimfire/pistol carbines, more of the shooters locally in Central Texas shoot Production, Carry Optics or move up to Open. Very few people at least around here shoot Limited anymore. Only place you see a lot of iron sight STI pistols is in 3 gun and they are 9mm Eagle/DVC's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up ordering a CZ TSO for limited after seeing the 2020 STI lineup. I too hoped for and entry level 5" double stack but understand the lack of market for them. It's a bit surprising to me since I still see a lot of limited shooters at the matches I have attended, but I realize it's a small sample size. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, The Donald said:

 

I can understand why the sale of the Edge was down. Even discounting the rimfire/pistol carbines, more of the shooters locally in Central Texas shoot Production, Carry Optics or move up to Open. Very few people at least around here shoot Limited anymore. Only place you see a lot of iron sight STI pistols is in 3 gun and they are 9mm Eagle/DVC's.

I haven't shot USPSA in years. Here in the DFW area, the games are mostly 3 gun and steel matches. My go to range has almost stopped running USPSA matches entirely. So I haven't seen a 40 S&W in quite sometime. Everyone I'm around runs 9mm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probly trash Staccato at Shot Show and start producing lever action hunting rifles for European market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kema said:

They probly trash Staccato at Shot Show and start producing lever action hunting rifles for European market. 

Doubtful lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hard to believe sti shelved or cancelled the edge and eagle.  both are machines and are prevalent at every uspsa and 3 gun match i do.  i've got all i need but hope sti brings them back for others to enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being a nay-sayer to the new Staccato line up, I now have a Staccato C and Staccato XL.  

 

Neither as are smooth in action or trigger as my DVC-P but the XL shoots great and the C even better (hard to beat for it's size).  I ended up trading a Nighthawk Trooper for the XL and wasn't expecting much but it shoot it much better and I'm very happy with the trade.

 

I think the lower priced Staccatos will sell great (still think the XL is too expensive for the finish and size) and with a few options (threaded barrels, optic mounts, etc) they will do very well indeed.  But there really isn't much in this range other than TSOs, Czechmates, and custom 2011s at this point (until the DWX comes out).  So, good on STI and I'm obviously a fan (given my three pistols from them I have).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 8:19 PM, Buck8154 said:

As far as dvc vs staccato...they are built the by the same gunsmiths, the exact same way, using the same dlc coating, the same parts (none of which are mim’d), and being inspected To the exact same standard...they just have lighter triggers, lightening cuts on the slide, and cost us a certain amount per gun for saying “dvc” per slide as that is trademarked...hence the reason for now more “dvc” line.  Lightening cuts changed to make them functional this year, and we brought our dlc in house and are using a plasma based form of dlc that wears better, and has a more dull look to it.

 

Thanks for the clarification and info - much appreciated!

 

My LGS has 7-8 various DVCs and they are all very smooth in action and trigger not yet found on the ST]taccatos (and I kow, the Staccato P isn't the same trigger).  My XL may break in to be as smooth but isn't in the same league as my DVC-P.  

 

I do see the DLC differences in my Staccato C DLC which is shiny compared to my DVC-P and XL which are much more matte and look like a nitride finish.

 

Overall, a big STI fan but not clear about the reasons for the differences and the direction STI is headed (but seems to be great for a regular consumer like me!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uhmeebuh said:

 

Thanks for the clarification and info - much appreciated!

 

My LGS has 7-8 various DVCs and they are all very smooth in action and trigger not yet found on the ST]taccatos (and I kow, the Staccato P isn't the same trigger).  My XL may break in to be as smooth but isn't in the same league as my DVC-P.  

 

I do see the DLC differences in my Staccato C DLC which is shiny compared to my DVC-P and XL which are much more matte and look like a nitride finish.

 

Overall, a big STI fan but not clear about the reasons for the differences and the direction STI is headed (but seems to be great for a regular consumer like me!).

The DVC guns all had light triggers compared to the 4-4.5 lb triggers in the Staccato c/p.  Also the majority of the dvc guns were long slides compared to the staccato-p which was a 4.15.  Due to that, the staccato-p was sprung heavier.  If you were to take the recoil systems out of the guns and put the slide on the frame and rack it back and forth you would see they are fit the same.  The dvc-p always feels super smooth as that comp takes so much out of 9mm that it is sprun very light.

 

We have only used DLC finish on all our 2019 guns, none were nitrided, cerakoted, or blued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wanted to purchase a STI DVC model unfortunately they are no longer available 

 

I settled for a Staccato XL

 

its ok but the grips are like a cheese grater I don’t think STI should have changed the line

as a design engineer I understand that it was done to make more profit by bring more manufacturing in house especially the grips that were originally made by Dawson

 

guess money talks unfortunately 

 

Cant remember the DVC model I wanted now but it had TiN plated barrel  which I really liked 

I own two Kelbly Golden Bears Serial numbers G034 and G069

 

the G034 has no wear or even witness marks after 6 rounds of use its incredible Titanium Nitride is an incredibly hard surface with low friction ideal to improve life and function on surfaces used for cutting sliding.

 

i own many 1911 a Les Baer Premier II, Kimber Super Match II , Gold Match II , Team Match II

and CZ 75 Bs and a Republic Forge General

 

as a disabled veteran shooting is the only hobby that I can physically do so I have spent a lot of money doing it

 

i am very disappointed in the new STI grips just want to warn people that they are very sharp at least the ones I have are

i called STI ask if they could modify the grips or exchange for the old style was told that STI is not a custom shop and will not make any modifications 

that I’ll have to get used to them

 

do  not think I’ll ever purchase another STI handgun

 

 

 

 

 

 

a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Garyusaf77 said:

I really wanted to purchase a STI DVC model unfortunately they are no longer available 

 

I settled for a Staccato XL

 

its ok but the grips are like a cheese grater I don’t think STI should have changed the line

as a design engineer I understand that it was done to make more profit by bring more manufacturing in house especially the grips that were originally made by Dawson

 

guess money talks unfortunately 

 

Cant remember the DVC model I wanted now but it had TiN plated barrel  which I really liked 

I own two Kelbly Golden Bears Serial numbers G034 and G069

 

the G034 has no wear or even witness marks after 6 rounds of use its incredible Titanium Nitride is an incredibly hard surface with low friction ideal to improve life and function on surfaces used for cutting sliding.

 

i own many 1911 a Les Baer Premier II, Kimber Super Match II , Gold Match II , Team Match II

and CZ 75 Bs and a Republic Forge General

 

as a disabled veteran shooting is the only hobby that I can physically do so I have spent a lot of money doing it

 

i am very disappointed in the new STI grips just want to warn people that they are very sharp at least the ones I have are

i called STI ask if they could modify the grips or exchange for the old style was told that STI is not a custom shop and will not make any modifications 

that I’ll have to get used to them

 

do  not think I’ll ever purchase another STI handgun

 

 

 

 

 

 

a

First off, welcome to the Forums and thank you for your service.

 

IMHO the new  Gen2 grip is far from cheese grater and the DVC grip you speak of is actually quite a bit more aggressive.  The only issue I have with the Gen2 grip is it's

a tad large for me with the supplied medium curved trigger.  

 

Keep an eye on the classified, you will likely see one of the DVC models for sale here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 7:03 AM, Garyusaf77 said:

I really wanted to purchase a STI DVC model unfortunately they are no longer available 

 

I settled for a Staccato XL

 

its ok but the grips are like a cheese grater I don’t think STI should have changed the line

as a design engineer I understand that it was done to make more profit by bring more manufacturing in house especially the grips that were originally made by Dawson

 

guess money talks unfortunately 

 

Cant remember the DVC model I wanted now but it had TiN plated barrel  which I really liked 

I own two Kelbly Golden Bears Serial numbers G034 and G069

 

the G034 has no wear or even witness marks after 6 rounds of use its incredible Titanium Nitride is an incredibly hard surface with low friction ideal to improve life and function on surfaces used for cutting sliding.

 

i own many 1911 a Les Baer Premier II, Kimber Super Match II , Gold Match II , Team Match II

and CZ 75 Bs and a Republic Forge General

 

as a disabled veteran shooting is the only hobby that I can physically do so I have spent a lot of money doing it

 

i am very disappointed in the new STI grips just want to warn people that they are very sharp at least the ones I have are

i called STI ask if they could modify the grips or exchange for the old style was told that STI is not a custom shop and will not make any modifications 

that I’ll have to get used to them

 

do  not think I’ll ever purchase another STI handgun

 

 

 

 

 

 

a

 

Send your Gen 2 grip to Extreme Shooters.

 

https://www.extremeshooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...