Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2020 Staccato Lineup

dghboy315

Did you all see the new STI 2020 lineup?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B54BpPTn196/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Sti 2011 is proud to introduce the 2020 product lineup!
Picture
1  the staccato XL,double stack ,steel frame ,5.4in barrel available in 9mm or 40 cal

2  staccato R steel frame, single stack,5 inch bushing barrel available in 9mm or 45acp

3  staccato p now with a 4.4inch
barrel available only in 9mm

4  staccato p duo now with a 4.4 inch barrel

5  staccato C2, our ever so popular staccato c now comes in a double stack! Aluminum frame 3.9inch
barrel chambered in 9mm

staccato c2 duo. Oh yes! You can put a dot on this!
  staccato c duo. You all asked for it so here it is! Mount your favorite pistol mounted red dot on the aluminum frame staccato c!

8   you all loved the Omni so here it is in staccato form! The staccato XC!

Make sure to visit us at shot show and check out all the new hotness!"

Edited by dghboy315

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing at the Edge price point. The Staccato XL is the only comparable option, and is listed at $3400 on some sites... It's a shame. I guess my next purchase (when my Eagle dies on me at some point in the future) will be a custom route. There's no point to spend that kind of money and not go with a CK or similar. 

13 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

Nothing at the Edge price point. The Staccato XL is the only comparable option, and is listed at $3400 on some sites... It's a shame. I guess my next purchase (when my Eagle dies on me at some point in the future) will be a custom route. There's no point to spend that kind of money and not go with a CK or similar. 

I'm in a similar dilemma.  I'm liking the 2020 Staccato P Duo, but should I go custom instead?  Anyone know a custom maker that does something comparable?

6 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

Agreed. I still have my Edge. I would not pay $3400 for a Staccato. The Edge and Marauder were excellent offerings at a price that was reasonable compared to what is being offered these days.

19 hours ago, dghboy315 said:

I'm in a similar dilemma.  I'm liking the 2020 Staccato P Duo, but should I go custom instead?  Anyone know a custom maker that does something comparable?

Honestly, any reputable builder should be able to cut a slide to your optic of choice. 

13 hours ago, 223to45 said:

Any pictures of the staccato R??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tPuCbu1.png

13 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

Agreed. I still have my Edge. I would not pay $3400 for a Staccato. The Edge and Marauder were excellent offerings at a price that was reasonable compared to what is being offered these days.

Yeah, that's what I don't understand. Why not offer something at a $2000 price point like the Edge always was. It allowed people to get into the platform without chopping off an arm and a leg. And for what you get, I wouldn't pay $3400 for a Staccato either. That's more than what I paid for my DVC Limited, which I think was a better gun than the Staccato XL will be. 

34 minutes ago, dghboy315 said:

Doesn’t the Staccato P start at $1999?  How do the P and the Edge compare?  I’m just learning about 2011s. 

Staccato P is a railed short dust cover with a 4.4" bull barrel only in 9mm. The 2019 version did not come with adjustable sights like they are showing on the 2020 version. It does not come with a removable magwell. 

VLdOTYO.png

The Edge is a full length dust cover with a 5" bull barrel in 9mm or 40 S&W. Comes stock with adjustable sights and a removable magwell. In theory, a from the box to a match gun. 

519-Edge9x19__05549.1430919707.jpg?c=2&i

Does each gun ultimately do the same thing? Yes. But the Edge is basically what got STI on the map, and was a staple of the competitive world for years. It let people go to a gun store and buy a gun that would out-shoot them and serve them for years in competition. And it was a great base for custom work as you learned the platform and learned what you wanted out of your pistol. It was a solid gun. 

Edited by bulldog009

2 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

Unless you run a MSH magwell the Skinny gun is going to have a hard time finding a magwell I'm guessing.

I also dont know how I feel about the skiny gun being super underweight in the division. Not that it matters at all, but just thinking. 

The 'skinny gun' doesn't have a division.  It's a 2011 with a narrow grip, not a 1911, therefore it's not legal for Single Stack.  STI hasn't had a production legal gun since the GP6.  So it's Limited or Open.  Or am I interpreting that wrong?

At least STI put out a better gun than Glock!

went into the future with Marty Mcfly and in the year 2025 Glock is came out with the G76 and it’s same size as a G19 but shoots a 79AGP. (automatic Glock pistol) lol

im excited to see the line up but I’m with everyone else. Scratching my head and wondering why they got rid of the edge. 

I'll have a Staccato-R in 9mm very soon.  If it's as awesome as the picture makes it seem, I'll definitely keep it.  Otherwise, it will go on the chopping block...which has grown beyond my control.  Expect to start seeing them on the classifieds!  

On 12/13/2019 at 4:28 PM, XDoctor said:

The 'skinny gun' doesn't have a division.  It's a 2011 with a narrow grip, not a 1911, therefore it's not legal for Single Stack.  STI hasn't had a production legal gun since the GP6.  So it's Limited or Open.  Or am I interpreting that wrong?

The Stacatto R is going to be legal for USPSA Single Stack.  See BOD minutes from last Feb.  Item 15b.   IPSC has not made a determination to my knowledge.

Whether it's competitive or not there remains to be seen.  Would be fun to try heavying up a 9 instead of shaving everywhere though...

10 hours ago, shred said:

The Stacatto R is going to be legal for USPSA Single Stack.  See BOD minutes from last Feb.  Item 15b.   IPSC has not made a determination to my knowledge.

Whether it's competitive or not there remains to be seen.  Would be fun to try heavying up a 9 instead of shaving everywhere though...

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I didn't know the minutes were available to us, that's pretty neat.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, bulldog009 said:

First thing I noticed too.  With the rumors that there would be an Edge successor, my assumption was that the price point would be similar and I was planning to purchase one.  At $3,400 though, there's no justification for not going with a more custom route, buying something used, or saving some green and getting a DWX, etc...

Edited by fbzero

I just got a DVC-P and don't regret it from what I've seen of the Staccato P.  The Staccato P isn't bad at all but you can tell the refinement on the DVC line that I'm not sure will exist in the new Staccato line up (since DVC will be going away).

So, I either spent my money poorly or made a great choice for a model that won't be replaced...the jury will be out for a while...

2 minutes ago, uhmeebuh said:

Not totally sure from what my LGS told me - in that range for sure. 

I just looked around and sure enough, a bunch of websites list it for $3400 for all black and $3800 for hard chrome. 

Whoever thought that was a good idea is a dumb. Who the crap would pay almost $4000 for a plastic gripped limited STI 2011?

Thats beyond stupid.