Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm mag block opinions

I have a Stern conversion for my SBR lower. With their 8.5 inch upper it shoots as accurately as my Sig MPX. It runs perfectly with 125 Precision Delta JHPs. I started off with a H3 buffer, but went to a 7. 5 ounce heavy buffer which seems to shoot flatter. I also use their add on mag well, which helps greatly with speed loads. With practice the release is not an issue.

my SBR uses one from Macon Armory... the production shop makes adapters from Rudy's design for a variety of outlets... it is for Colt (Metalform) magazines... bottom load with a button head cap screw that holds it in the mag well, and two tension set screws in the forward portion to engage the mag well

1 hour ago, Salsantini said:

Have you had any feeding issues with the Mean Arms Endomag?

Not as many as I would've expected; I've had a couple occasions where the round would get hung up at a 45 degree angle going from the mag into the chamber, but that's been unusual.  I definitely do not have enough rounds through the system to offer very strong opinions on reliability yet.  

On 12/19/2019 at 12:33 PM, Salsantini said:

Have you had any feeding issues with the Mean Arms Endomag?

Feeding issue isn't the problem. It's the flimsy ejectors. If the ejector gets bumped out of place like from your mag pouch, it's not going to seat at all with the bolt forward. With the bolt locked back, it'll just jam up the bolt.

They are almost impossible to seat fully loaded with the bolt forward, making mag changes almost impossible if you didn't already bump the ejector out of place. Even downloaded is still difficult.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

They are almost impossible to seat fully loaded with the bolt forward, making mag changes almost impossible if you didn't already bump the ejector out of place. Even downloaded is still difficult.

True.  I had to download mine to around half capacity before it was practical to seat with a closed bolt.