Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stand-alone Mount for Mr. Bulletfeeder

I got my first Mr. Bulletfeeder probably 5+ years ago, and never liked the mounting arrangement with the pucks and sticks hanging off the side of the casefeeder.  So, I get some black pipe, a flange base, and made an adapter to create a stand-alone mount.  It was a big improvement, and worked great.  But I always wanted to come up with a better design.  So fast forward to present day, and I'm finally making some progress on a new reloading bench, which I started on a couple of years.  Since I got most of my presses mounted, I decided to redo the mounts for the bulletfeeders.  Below are some photos showing what I came up with .  First, I fabricated an adapter that mounts on the bottom of the feeder bowl. Then I mounted an adjustable fitting and cap that slips on a piece of 1" tubing.  Those are mounted to a flange and the whole thing is bolted to the bench. The fittings, tube and base are all stainless.  The best part is that now I can adjust the angle of the bullet feeder with a single Allen head screw, which takes about 30 seconds.  And I can remove the bullet feeder from the post by loosening a single set screw, which also takes about 30 seconds.  So overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Now I just need to make a couple more.  And finish the bench.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

9 hours ago, 2tuf4u said:

I'm sold---How do I get this locally or is this something you are selling?

No, sorry.  It's just something I made for mine.  You can get the stainless fittings from a marine supply house.  The brand name is Sea-Dog and they're used for boat tops.  The black mounting part, I made from steel I had around the shop.  You can probably find an easier way to do that.  Like the current MBF mount is just a bent piece of flat stock that clamps around the motor.  You could start with something like that and weld a flat plate to the bottom.

I had some vibration from the bench and through the casefeeder bowl to the MBF, so every once in a while a bullet would fall off the feed plate by that spring lever thing.  Then I'd end up with some upside down bullets.  So, having it on a firm mount definitely helps.

Guess I should clarify.  The issue I mentioned was with the MBF mounted to the Dillon casefeeder on my old bench.  The way it is now, my new bench is way overbuilt, bolted to a concrete wall, and has about 500+ pounds of brass and bullets underneath.  So there's zero vibration.

On 12/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, ltdmstr said:

I had some vibration from the bench and through the casefeeder bowl to the MBF, so every once in a while a bullet would fall off the feed plate by that spring lever thing.  Then I'd end up with some upside down bullets.  So, having it on a firm mount definitely helps.

My reloading room is in the attic above my garage, which has a 6.5ft ceiling, so after I had the same issues as you I suspended my MBF from the ceiling with wire.   I haven't had any more issues. 

I have my RL1050 mounted to an In-line Fabrication quick mount which I love. What I would like to do is fabricate some kind of Mr. Bulletfeeder mounting system which would attach to the quick mount or base of 1050 so it becomes part of the whole quick mount system. That way it can be removed as an assembly without a separate bench mount. I would like to mount it indecently of the Case feeder. Any ideas?

58 minutes ago, cbrussell said:

I have my RL1050 mounted to an In-line Fabrication quick mount which I love. What I would like to do is fabricate some kind of Mr. Bulletfeeder mounting system which would attach to the quick mount or base of 1050 so it becomes part of the whole quick mount system. That way it can be removed as an assembly without a separate bench mount. I would like to mount it indecently of the Case feeder. Any ideas?

For that, I would fabricate a plate that bolts on the bottom side of the mount, below the press and extend it out the back, then mount a flange base to that with a stand-alone bullet feeder above.  You could extend it down to the bench if you need/want more stability.  It would take some time to make up the pieces, but wouldn't be that difficult.

20 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Call Dan at Inline Fab and talk to him about what you want to do - he loves creating custom stuff along those lines.  As stated above would likely be a larger base Quick mount and some support brackets, etc.

• 2 weeks later...