Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

Received my red dot on Sat, the 9th. 15 days after ordering. The window on it is not bigger than a romeo3 xl or max, which I have on my open guns. So, I put it on my X5 legion and removed a Nikko Stetling that originally came on my Bul open gun. It is the same size as it is, but more user friendly with better buttons and bigger and brighter dot. Will see how well it does on the slide ride configuration. Already ran a 100 thru it and its still working,,,

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting on my 8 moa to come in. Should be here on Monday 5/18. It will be replacing a Burris FF3 8moa on a Q5. Cant wait to see how much bigger the glass will be. I’ll update after I mount it and sight it in. 

Yes, I believe so.  The newer one's for the XL/Max.  Not the older versions for the original Romeo 3.

I could be wrong...but I believe there's enough clearance in the front to accommodate the FTP also.  They all have the RTS2 mounting pattern, but the Sig and FTP have that frontal protuberance.

Edited by clw42

I have had an Alpha 2 in 6moa for almost a year now, really liked it, but was indoors mostly.  

Finally (after 2 months in lockdown), got out to an outdoor range.  Noticed the 6moa on the Alpha 2 was "ok", but I would prefer brighter/bigger.  So as something to keep my spirits up (I lost over 20k in gun value when the Canadian government announced its ban on "assault type" rifles), I ordered an 8moa Alpha 3.  OMG!!!!  LOVE IT. Worth every penny and perfect for outdoors.  

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

Please note we are getting low on stock on the 8 MOA and sold out of the 6 MOA. We are expecting more stock in September so if you don't want to wait, order yours now :)

I know it's hard to get a good representation of the dot sizes on camera but could you place the different MOA dots on a row and take pictures of them for reference?

I was able to get my Open Gun FTP mounted and to the range this week.  I had planned to use as a backup for my Sig Romeo 3 XL but now planning to leave on for my next match.  Horizontally a little narrower but it gives up nothing else.  The 8moa dot is very bright and extremely crisp except at the highest setting where there is a little flaring.  The glass quality is excellent!! I wish the windage/ vertical adjustments had a little crisper click to them but we'll see if they hold zero before I call it a complaint.  Excellent quality for the $$

I ordered the 8MOA version, can't wait to receive it and mounted on my new open gun... For the price and features it truly can't be beaten!  Now the question is how durable it is, how well it will perform after shooting thousands upon thousands of rounds thats the question that remains a mystery but judging by all the positive comments, it looks like this optic is an excellent option most specially at its price point and if it's truly made in Japan even better!!  Japanese glass is OUTSTANDING! 

4 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

I ordered the 8MOA version, can't wait to receive it and mounted on my new open gun... For the price and features it truly can't be beaten!  Now the question is how durable it is, how well it will perform after shooting thousands upon thousands of rounds thats the question that remains a mystery but judging by all the positive comments, it looks like this optic is an excellent option most specially at its price point and if it's truly made in Japan even better!!  Japanese glass is OUTSTANDING! 

Have one in 8moa  just waiting fo something to put it on

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick note to let people know these are back in stock!

We also have ten units available in the large 10 MOA dots for people that have been wanting a big, bright dot!  We also have our usual 6 and 8 MOA dots in stock

Order and get more details on our web site.

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

• 2 weeks later...

All back orders have been filled and we are getting low on the 6 MOA dots.  We also now have a quicker shipping method that allows your customers in the U.S to get their optics in a week or less.

If you haven't already, be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook as we post a lot of pictures and videos of the optics from our customers.

IMG-8977.jpg

IMG-8978.jpg