Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rise armament super sport trigger. Pretty sweet budget trigger

Nick_shoots_fast

I ordered a ton of parts for Black Friday and one of them was this rise trigger. I got it in my lower and I was off to the range Saturday. Pretty sweet trigger for the money. I have a timney in my 3G rifle and obviously it’s not as goo as that but it holds its own. Pull weight is about 3.5 as advertised and the reset is pretty sweet. 

FYI primary arms has this now on sale for $85 bucks. 

1 hour ago, TonytheTiger said:

I had one for a while. Couldn't wait to sell it.

Could you elaborate? I have one in my PCC, and although not quite as good as the Timney in my 3g rifle, it's a damn fine trigger I have no desire to ditch. 

Nothing wrong with it per se. It was just a hundred dollar trigger and felt like it. That put it in a weird middle ground in my stable.

On one end I have guns that just need to go bang and not be too expensive if anything bad ever happened to them. A polished up mil spec with JP springs is just the ticket here. 

On the other end are Hiperfires, Timney CE's and other high triggers for when I need as much performance as possible. 

I don't really have any general purpose rifles that would be a good home for an okay but not amazing trigger like the Rise.

6 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Nothing wrong with it per se. It was just a hundred dollar trigger and felt like it. That put it in a weird middle ground in my stable.

On one end I have guns that just need to go bang and not be too expensive if anything bad ever happened to them. A polished up mil spec with JP springs is just the ticket here. 

On the other end are Hiperfires, Timney CE's and other high triggers for when I need as much performance as possible. 

I don't really have any general purpose rifles that would be a good home for an okay but not amazing trigger like the Rise.

I would 100% agree with your review. The gun that this trigger is in just needs to go bang. I have a timney in my 3g rifle. Both guns have a purpose and I wasn’t spending that kind of money on my “just go bang” rifle. 

I did try a Mil-Spec trigger with the jp springs in it and wasn’t impressed. I do think the rise is better than that set up. 

I won’t ever shoot pcc so I can’t say if this is what I would go with. I can tell you this tho, I wouldn’t have the rise in my 3g rifle tho. I would pony up to get a really sweet trigger. 

.:.UPDATE.:.

i just returned this trigger to optics planet because I had serious “hammer follow” when shooting fast. This would also happen if I pin the trigger to the rear and let it out slowly. 

The hammer actually fell forward like a 1911 does!  I was shocked to say the least because I really liked the trigger for the price point. I called optics planet and they were great as always but I didn’t want a replacement. I had this on my “SHTF” rifle so needless to say, that wasn’t cool when I had to rack the gun to reset the trigger. 

I didn’t bother calling rise to see if they could fix it even tho they probably could. The fact that it happened twice in the same outing and I could make it happen on demand was enough. I probably got a “one off” but like I said, I’d didnt want to roll the dice. 

Just wanted to post a follow up post throwing my experience out there. I have an ALG ACT trigger coming today that I’m planning on putting the Mil-Spec springs in. I’ll post a separate post about that trigger for guys interested in it. Scoured the web and found nothing but great things about this trigger. 

Edited by Atlasguy321