Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I get the "paper clip" for the 1050?

What is the benefit here over the tab... to allow one to remove the case quicker/easily if need be?  I switched to the clear tab, but it's not particularity useful at all really - you stil have to unbolt it completely if you want to remove a case (well, a 45 case at least) at that station to check/clear any primer issue...  I was thinking about dremeling the slot open on the shell plate end so you could just slide it out when needed...  But if the spring mod allows one to just pop it out I might use a 550 spring out of my spares kit. :).

screenshot-52.png

55 minutes ago, 78Staff said:

What is the benefit here over the tab... to allow one to remove the case quicker/easily if need be? 

Yes, the "spring" mod enables you to use a compressor to blow out any debris from a smashed primer, and it enables you to get the primer out of there without removing the tab.  I thought about cutting the slot longer as well so I could loosen the screw a little and slide the tab back out of the way, but I haven't tried it yet.  It slows me down when I have to get the allen wrench, loosen the screw, clear the problem, and then tighten it again.

Ok, so here is my temporary fix until I can get a spring clip to replace the tab.  I cut out a slot in the tab to allow it to slide out away from the case.  I still have to loosen the screw by a half turn, but it does make enough room to remove the case and revoke the primer debris!  If I loosen the screw a few more turns, I can life the tab up over the metal channel in which it rides, and rotate it completely out of the way without having to remove the screw completely.

IMG_0414.jpg.998830a02f7ed1069dc6e68441ec4ba3.jpgIMG_0415.jpg.20527c2d7b300dd1e4962f01992e9b87.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Edited by S&W627shooter

2 minutes ago, Kema said:

Not my design but somebody has already designed smth. I am fine with original and dumping primers time to time :)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3507205

IMO there are better 3d printed designs out there for primer chutes. Personally I am a fan of the @AmmoBrass Primer chutes. 

Sure, it would take about an hour of drawing and maybe 2-3 iterations to reproduce :)

I would like to have some space to solve possible issues compared to ammobrass design. At least pokey pokey hole :)

But I have a daytime job..

• 4 weeks later...