Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Infinity Owners Please Chime In

NacsMXer

I've just placed my 1st order with Infinity for a 5 inch sight tracker in stainless steel (not satin ss).  I was having difficulty deciding between the CrN Infinicoat finish and the regular stainless finish purely based on looks.  CrN looks very different in studio photos vs. photos with real world lighting.

I was very much after the amazing look of the polished magwell, grip safety, thumb safeties, etc. that the stainless guns offer.  Casey at SVI said if I went with CrN, the accents would looks similar, but not as mirror polished looking as the stainless.

If you have either a non-satin stainless gun, or a CrN gun, could you post a photo of it please?  And please indicate what finish you have.  Thanks!!

Awesome Infinity pistols, thanks for posting! 

I've ordered a stainless finish gun which looks similar to this

257.jpg

A satin stainless finish appears to be a more ghosted out silver finish in the grip, serrations, and a satin finish on the accents

432.jpg

If you have a Infinicoat CrN finish, or a regular stainless gun, please post them up!  I would like to see some real world photos.  Thanks!

Infinity builds custom guns, if you like or want the polished stainless accents on the magwell, safety. etc then ask them to do so. Casey and crew won't guide you to build an ugly gun. They are building a very custom gun for me now in CrN with some special accents on it. 

10 hours ago, NacsMXer said:

Thanks for posting, some bad-looking Infinity's.  I'm going to stick with the stainless finish option.  I wasn't aware that you could polish hard chrome to that degree, that's pretty wild. 

Not too many CrN guns out there I see?

Last I talked to them, SVI wouldnt do hard chrome.  So any hard chrome you see is either after market or not a factory SV build.

Last I talked to them, SVI wouldnt do hard chrome.  So any hard chrome you see is either after market or not a factory SV build.

Correct.  It was an aerospace company out of CA.  The prep work is labor intensive.  It was done by Don Golembieski.  

The grip tape has very muted skulls, thanks to Brandon. 🙂