Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Go pro hat mount

Bmans45

I use a gopro session.  Here's my mount setup

Geissele hat I got as swag from buying stuff from them

A chinese tripod mount off amazon

a fender washer and a bolt.

Drill a hole in the bill of your hat, and bolt it on.

Like I said, I have a session, and it's much lighter than a standard gopro.  I don't know if it will make the bill too floppy with a fullsize gopro.

I want to say the whole setup cost me less than $10.

i have the gopro hero (small cube) and it came with a few mounting brackets.  i drilled and bolted the lowest one to the bill on my cap, at the rear of the bill for more stability.  zero issues with it.

i also have the sony action cam and zip tied one of the mounts to the top of my earmuffs band.  that works great also but sitting up higher i've smacked it a few times on props, low-hanging tents etc.

On a hat i use the head strap with the center strap removed. Fast , easy to take on and off .This way am not walking around with the cam on all day, slip it on before coming up to shoot, when done toss it in the rang bag .

I don't know if you can find them still, but Sidekick made one of the better hat mounting solutions. You do need to use a hat that has a velcro patch on the front, but there are plenty of them out there. Might be able to find them via Google and Ebay. A couple of my friends have been running the version for the Hero Session, and haven't had any problems with them. 

sidekick_gopro_cap_mount_2.jpg

sidekick_gopro_cap_mount_1.jpg

Edited by Archangelgt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, oddjob said:

Tried to find the Sidekick hat mount, but no luck.  Where did folks get yours?  I have the Go Pro 7.

thanks!

Same. Looks like a nice stable option but I don’t see them available anywhere. Looks like it may have been a kickstarter project? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...