Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm lee undersize die lubing?

Bjay

Forgive me if its already been talked about.i cant seem to find answer on if should lube or not using undersize carbide lee die..i tried last night and it felt like it has bit resistance..need lubing or not?

Forgive me if its already been talked about.i cant seem to find answer on if should lube or not using undersize carbide lee die..i tried last night and it felt like it has bit resistance..need lubing or not?
Best practice is to always use case lube regardless of carbide dies or not. That should get the brass moving smoother for you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You couldn’t find anything in these forums about living cases?😊

you should always lube cases with any die. Especially a U die. 

I just typed case lube into the search window and got 111,013 results🤔

Edited by Sarge

36 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Funny, I searched for "living cases" and only found this thread 😉

42 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I dont normally lube carbide on pistol..and no issues..but the undersize def feels diff.and NO i cant find any info sizing using UNDERSIZE :)

I use Hornady One Shot when sizing 9mm cases  and it really smooths out the sizing of the brass. I have a Redding pro series titanium carbide sizing die and it really feels like I’m not even sizing the brass at times.

21 hours ago, Bjay said:

I dont normally lube carbide on pistol..and no issues..but the undersize def feels diff.and NO i cant find any info sizing using UNDERSIZE :)

Ok. Well, use lube

Try using one shot in all carbide dies

Your shoulder will tell a huge difference after loading 1,000 rounds, no matter what dies you’re using.

Spray the inside of a plastic bin for two seconds, dump a few handfuls of cases in and shake them around, then pour them in the casefeeder. That way lube never gets shot down into the cases. Easy.

49 minutes ago, Bjay said:

Looks like a lot using one shot for pistol brass.

Id looked at it..should i get the DYNAGLID or the regular one shot is better?

There’s really no reason to not lube your brass for resizing. Since I hadn’t heard One Shot sizing lube had a version with DYNAGLID I checked and it looks to me that is not the sizing lube. One Shot also comes in a cleaner version. You want this one:

https://www.hornady.com/reloading/case-care/lubes-and-cleaners/case-lubes

This one is a cleaner:

https://www.hornady.com/reloading/case-care/lubes-and-cleaners/

I would suspect if you use the cleaner with the DYNA... it may contaminate you powder. 

Edited by HesedTech

Agree with the lube for everything crowd.  Way more pluses than minuses. 

A spin on the plastic bin idea is using zip lock bags.  I batch process everything, OCD thing.  Sort or count 100 pieces of brass, I hate WCC headstamp so I sort them out, spray some One Shot on the insides of a quart zip lock freezer bag, dump in the 100 cases and shake like you work for Mr. Sanders making chicken.  I build up 500 or so and then start loading.  You could dump more than 100 in a bag, but like I said OCD, everything by 100.

Want to smooth everything out even more, polish your powder funnel. 

I take a gallon freezer bag about two thirds full, shoot about 6 to 8 shots of homemade lube, shake it around and open the bag so it can dry. I'm using a 650 and things are definitely faster for me when I at least get a little lube on Most of the cases.

Photo of One Shot Case Lube

ONE SHOT® CASE LUBE

One Shot® Case Lube with DynaGlide Plus® technology is a micro-penetrating high pressure dry film. It contains no petroleum, teflon or other synthetic silicone so it will not contaminate powder or primers.

Another one shot fan for pistol cases... I use Dillon dies.  Although occasionally if I pull some shorter strait wall cases strait from the vibratory cleaner they'll have a light dusty coating and I can run them nekkid :).

6 hours ago, AHI said:
Photo of One Shot Case Lube

ONE SHOT® CASE LUBE

One Shot® Case Lube with DynaGlide Plus® technology is a micro-penetrating high pressure dry film. It contains no petroleum, teflon or other synthetic silicone so it will not contaminate powder or primers.

Thanks.

Been using OS for years and never paid attention to the label. The poster implied, at least to me, there were two versions of OS. I only new there was one. 

😬

🤯

On 12/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Sarge said:

Also, if they still make the non aerosol version of OS, avoid it. It doesn’t work for crap but it’s soo much better for the environment.😂😂

Can’t find any info on it so thankfully they dropped it.

Another bump for One Shot. Takes 2 seconds and not messy at all.

I needed 15 more cases to finish my run the other night and ran them through without lubing them because I was lazy. I've never done that before and couldn't believe the difference in effort.

I've been using Imperial Sizing Wax.  Every 15-20 rounds, when the pull starts to get heavy, you just touch the wax and touch the next case.  One little tin of it has lasted for several years and probably close to 100,000 rounds. 

1 hour ago, mveto said:

The aerosol version that is pictured above is what you want to use. Really makes sizing cases much easier.

I beleive theres two version of ONE SHOT and both are aerosol ome is with dynaglide and the other is the older version..

9 minutes ago, Bjay said:

I beleive theres two version of ONE SHOT and both are aerosol ome is with dynaglide and the other is the older version..

The other One Shot is a gun cleaner and lube. The case sizing lube that I’ve used for the last 2+ years have been the exact same. Never seen a different case sizing lube.

6C33A07A-EE2F-4CB7-A59E-AB1D07F892F8.thumb.jpeg.0bcfacc2a4548c2771b4875c2e0433f8.jpeg