Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Ben Stoeger Book

beechnutbob

My son started shooting this year.  Which Ben Stoeger Training Book would be the most beneficial for improving skills.  His accuracy is good not classified yet but would be a c level according to some we have set up and ran. 

My son started shooting this year.  Which Ben Stoeger Training Book would be the most beneficial for improving skills.  His accuracy is good not classified yet but would be a c level according to some we have set up and ran. 
The latest one, Breakthrough Marksmanship, as its simplified and focuses on the issue that we all have. It's been a great read and is to the point.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

The latest one, Breakthrough Marksmanship, as its simplified and focuses on the issue that we all have. It's been a great read and is to the point.

I will agree. I found it the most helpful.

While breakthrough marksmanship is great, I would recommend Dryfire Reloaded if only getting 1 book. If he follows a dryfire regiment, he can get good fast. I would say do Breakthrough Marksmanship next, just my opinion.

Probably the best of all would be getting him a membership to PSTG though (Bens website). Him and Hwansik Kim have an awesome site. It’s my number #1 place to go for learning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Breakthrough Marksmanship is helpful for those with a good bit of experience, it covers pretty much everything but it doesn't go deep into anything. If he needs detailed thoughts on how to compete Practical Pistol. If he wants a bunch of live fire drills and thoughts on applying them, Skills and Drills, and obviously the Dryfire books are loaded up with dryfire drills. The reloaded versions are the freshest.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, beechnutbob said:

I ordered both.   Make good Christmas present.  

Definitely! They make the best coasters ever :)

I think Breakthrough Marksmanship is a little "too simple" for the less experienced shooter. The way it sounds it probably doesnt make sense ... but if he just started shooting, he will be better off with Stoeger's "Reloaded" ones or with the Anderson's "Repetition".   Once he gets to B or A class level or at least knows 'how' to train and self analyze, then Breakthrough Marksmanship would be good.

Oh yeah, another vote for PSTG as an awesome learning resource - buy him a membership there and tell him to watch the Training Class Video dumps - those alone are worth the price of admission

Edited by nasty618

On 12/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, Atlasguy321 said:

Bens dryfire book got me to GM. That book gives great structure and even a program to follow in the back of the book.  Would highly recommend it!

Which of the programs did you follow?

On 12/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, Rnlinebacker said:

Is there anything new in this book that is not included in Ben's earlier books? I have Practical Pistol, Skills and Drills, and Dry Fire Training and am wondering if his latest book is trluy "new" information or if it just takes info from prior books and assembles it into a new release. It's only about $16, but based on the table of contents it looks very similar to what I have already read from Ben.

Is there anything new in this book that is not included in Ben's earlier books? I have Practical Pistol, Skills and Drills, and Dry Fire Training and am wondering if his latest book is trluy "new" information or if it just takes info from prior books and assembles it into a new release. It's only about $16, but based on the table of contents it looks very similar to what I have already read from Ben.
He's simplified it down to the marksmanship because in his experience that's constantly the biggest shortcoming of shooters. Most of it you've seen but there's a few new tidbits in there on marksmanship.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...