Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using the Springer (#SP0252) ESP/Duty magwell?

HIREDgun45

Just noticed that Springer Precision has a drop in magwell (#SP0252) for X5/X5 Legion and X-Carry grips.  Anyone use it?  The profile seems nice but wondering for the 17rnd mags if you can use OEM plastic basepads instead of extended ones like the SP EZ or TTI .

I run it on my X-Carry but i'm not sure if it will fit stock mags... I run Spring base pads on all my mags so I can switch between my x-five and my 

x-carry as needed. Great magell by the way.

From the description on the springer website its states that "17 rd mags do require the legion basepad".  

I guess the benefit over the factory magwell is less weight?  Maybe to tune the overall weight to 45oz but not sure I would personally do it with a lighter magwell.  

Edited by coryf

On 12/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, S391 said:

I run it on my X-Carry but i'm not sure if it will fit stock mags... I run Spring base pads on all my mags so I can switch between my x-five and my 

x-carry as needed. Great magell by the way.

Appreciate the input S391.  I just ordered one and it's on the way so I will find out soon if it works with oem base pads.  

On 12/8/2019 at 3:59 AM, coryf said:

From the description on the springer website its states that "17 rd mags do require the legion basepad".  

I guess the benefit over the factory magwell is less weight?  Maybe to tune the overall weight to 45oz but not sure I would personally do it with a lighter magwell.  

I have a X5 and the magwell appears much larger and thicker/taller than from the pics of the Springer ESP/Duty.  I don't have legion base pads but I do have TTI's.  Hopefully it works with the TTI.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:59 AM, coryf said:

Why would tuning weight to 45oz. matter? 

16 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Why would tuning weight to 45oz. matter? 

That funny other sport. I think that’s the max weight for IDPA ESP, which is the only place outside of 3-gun where you’d put a magwell on a gun shooting minor 9mm.

Edited by MemphisMechanic