Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

storing guns in the truck

I'm curious to know where people store their rifles/guns in their trucks.  My F150 has a hard Undercover tonneau though I'm not sure if its locking mechanism is dependable enough. I know there are storage systems that can be placed under the rear bench seat but they are not lockable. Any storage suggestions, custom or otherwise? Pics would be great if you had any. Thanks.

I recently traded in my older Chevy for a new GMC.  While the older truck had a hard fiberglass shell over the bed, I decided to put a metal/plastic tri-fold on the new truck.

Most likely the tri-fold will be enough to stop common crooks but I decided to lock my guns under the rear seat with padlocks and cables.  So far so good.

I've got a Truck Vault in my 150, the second one I've had. Lost the first one when my truck was totaled. The vault was the second item I bought when I got my new truck, after my Leer camper shell. Vault bolts in, both drawers lock, and you can stack 100's of pounds on top of the vault. You can also set up the drawers in sections as you like. Not cheap but the best around. They last forever, if you don't get T-boned by an idiot driver .