Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 goals!

Tango

So, what are your goals for 2020?

For me, becoming M (currently high B) and shooting at 90% or above in carry optics is my goal. We have a lot of M's and a few GM's in the area who are moving to carry optics, so it is a bit hard to win even the local matches.

I started USPSA last 6 months ago (did IDPA for another 6 months before that).

Become A class. Currently C.

Shot my 1st USPSA match this January. Shot a pistol for the 1st time 3 years ago. I shot 9 club matches this year.

I've committed to really pushing myself in training, both dry and live. I understand more about the sport and what I need to focus on and how to improve.

I also want to shoot some matches in other nearby states or cities and hopefully some level 2 matches to expose myself to different shooters and stages/matches.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Getting classified this weekend. My goal for 2020 is to be 2 classes higher then whatever i classify at this weekend in limited.

Get my average draw to first round under 1 second at 10 yards.

@anonymouscuban if you ever make a trip to Vegas there is usually a match on Saturday or Sunday, feel free to PM me if you are headed this way to know what matches are going on.

things i am going to need to fix:

1. not relaxing my grip (especially weak hand) during shooting

2. making sure i see the dot (or the sights) even for the closest targets: shouldn't drop points for no reason

3. better stage planning and memorization

4. reloads (biggest issue for classifiers)

5. equipment issues

6. shooting sooner, moving sooner

7. attacking long/hard targets aggressively 

My goals are:

1) Makes Master Class. Currently Mid A Class in CO.
2) Improve on shooting sooner going into positions. And exiting quicker.
3) Improve my reloads.
4) Improve my A’s to C’s ratio. Currently I average about 75% A’s at a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, RAP said:

My goals are:

1) Makes Master Class. Currently Mid A Class in CO.
2) Improve on shooting sooner going into positions. And exiting quicker.
3) Improve my reloads.
4) Improve my A’s to C’s ratio. Currently I average about 75% A’s at a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same situation and goals for me. 

Stop shooting Deltas and Mikes.  
Slow down to see the sights move instead of racing against myself.  

Keep a dry fire regiment of at least 4 days a week, 30 mins on average.

Get to live fire training more often (where does the time go?)

Do a level 2 match

Move up from C class, classify in Production

*Class up (make M in Production, and A/M in Carry Optics)

*Beat the people I didn't beat last time (3-5 level 2's on the horizon with a lot of the same competitors)

*Gain a better understanding of my "tolerance level" for shooting accurately/precisely at differing distances at differing speeds. Basically, shoot "doubles" at  various distances and develop an intuitive feel for the situations where I can be completely target focused vs sight focused vs "somewhere in-between".

*Faster hand speed for reloads without sacrificing control

*Work on short movement (I tend to drag my feet into position)

*Transition seamlessly between irons and a dot. I had a trainwreck of a match after shooting CO. When I went back to Production, all I did was see the fiber and I didn't realize that I was shooting way too high. I think I had 8 or so Mike's from shooting over some targets (often times they had No-shoots or hardcover) at a Level 2. My time/speed was solid, but the penalties were outrageous.

Edited by Rez805

Getting classified this weekend. My goal for 2020 is to be 2 classes higher then whatever i classify at this weekend in limited.
Get my average draw to first round under 1 second at 10 yards.

[mention=66421]anonymouscuban[/mention] if you ever make a trip to Vegas there is usually a match on Saturday or Sunday, feel free to PM me if you are headed this way to know what matches are going on.
Thanks! I will definitely let you know. I've become friends with a guy whose been competing since the late 80-s. He wants me to shoot a match in Yuma this spring. That's the only out of state match I have planned so far. I don't know anything about it, just that he shoots it every year and that he says is a fun match to shoot.

I'm going to focus on my mental game at matches.  Over the past few months I've been making a lot of headway and my match scores are showing improvement.  Probably over the winter time I will be combing through the litany of videos on PSTG.

My goal is to not feel another year older. This golden years stuff only means the medical community will be stealing what little gold you got to save.......

Just last week I felt compelled to go back to my original division because of the huge flood the sport has seen to CO. I got into the CO group because no one was shooting it. Now it seems everybody is getting all lit up, and I am the sort to buck trends, (old hippy syndrome), and thought it was time to go back to the dead division, L10.

Lol, my eyes are so bad, the realization they will not move from target to front sight like they used to was startling. I like the SS/L10 division, but I am not even senor style competitive. So back to optics I humbly go. Now, if my knee would stop telling me the weather is changing, and the arthritic wrists and finger joints would stop aching like my ex used a ball peen hammer on them, I will be set for 2020.

I'm going to focus on my mental game at matches.  Over the past few months I've been making a lot of headway and my match scores are showing improvement.  Probably over the winter time I will be combing through the litany of videos on PSTG.
This is gonna be a big part of me reaching my goal. I'm very social in general and I have a hard time staying focused and tend to BS a lot with the squad when I'm not shooting. The last couple matches this year I tried to stay focus. Especially once I was in the hole. This really helped my performance but I have to continue to work on it and maintain focus more throughout a match. But a big part of this sport I enjoy is the commradery so I have to find a balance. Gonna be a struggle.

8 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

This is gonna be a big part of me reaching my goal. I'm very social in general and I have a hard time staying focused and tend to BS a lot with the squad when I'm not shooting. The last couple matches this year I tried to stay focus. Especially once I was in the hole. This really helped my performance but I have to continue to work on it and maintain focus more throughout a match. But a big part of this sport I enjoy is the commradery so I have to find a balance. Gonna be a struggle.

Good luck with it.  I tend to notice bad habits creeping in on my match performance if I am not focused.  They've been super hard to quit.

• 1 month later...