Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee U Die

I just got my Lee U Die . Its almost to short for my Dillon tool head . I had to put a different lock nut on it because I had ti screw it down so far to get it to go all the way to the bottom of the case. Anybody else had this problem? Other than that it works really well. 

7 hours ago, Furrly said:

Put the lock nut under the press 

i will have to try that tomorrow if I have room . 

1 hour ago, DJRyan13 said:

Careful... I did that on a 550 and it broke the little turning sprocket (whatever it’s called). What press you got OP?

Xl 750

I had that issue on my LNL this past week(before I discovered that I had a higher gauge pass rate with my Hornady dies, of course :p ).
I just flipped over the lock nut so that the o-ring was on top to make it work for me.
If it's working ok with the other nut on there, I'd personally just run it that way.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve had about 4 of them. There is a difference between them. I’ve had some that will make a pop on the upstroke and some won’t. Brass is lubed. No change to press other than each die. Weirdest thing. I’ve since used a Dillon or MA to decap then use the Lee as a hold down over swage. This combo seems to works well and not stress brass or machine. Both are adjusted to shell plate then backed off 1/4 turn.