Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 X5 Legion replacement barrel without LCI arrived today

JGus

I requested to have the LCI barrels on my two Sig P320 X5 Legions swapped out for non-LCI barrels.  One my first request, Sig CS said to just send in the complete upper. On the right is the replacement barrel the first time I sent in my complete upper to Sig to replace the P320 X5 Legion barrel with a LCI for one without an LCI. Barrel looks great, has a coating on the barrel. For my second P320 X5 Legion Sig CS said just send in only the barrel. So that's what I did.  I just got the non-LCI barrel today, which is the barrel on the left. Just got it delivered to my office FEDEX. It's straight out of the box.  It's completely wiped down, no oil or residue on it.  It appears as if it is still in the white, just bare carbon steel?  Don't get me wrong, I'm going to shoot the heck out of both X5 Legions, but If it's supposed to have a coating on it to preserve it's longevity I'd like to have it.   Anyone else that has had their LCI barrel swapped out for a non-LCI barrel also get a barrel in this condition? I thought i'd check to see if maybe that's just how the barrels are on the latest X5 Legion barrels before I contact Sig CS?  If this is how the latest barrels come out I'll just shoot it.  I'm not concerned about looks,  just don't want it rusting or wearing prematurely.

Sig P320 X5 Legion replacement barrel.jpeg

Sig P320 X5 Legion replacement barrel 1.jpeg

Edited by JGus
Added second picture

20 minutes ago, George16 said:

That looks bare metal to me. Looks like it didn’t go to the treatment room lol 😂. Give Sig CS another call and ask about the difference between the two barrels they sent you.

I agree.

Any metallurgy experts out there?  If so and you tell me it's not a big deal to have coating on the barrel, I'll just keep it and shoot it.  I just don't want the barrel to start pitting or rusting.

1 hour ago, eboadway said:

Both of mine came back black!

Mine did too.  They did have me send my entire gun in.  Dropped it off at 5:50 PM on a Friday and by late day Monday I already had a tracking # for its ride back home.   I couldn’t have asked for any better service!!!!

51 minutes ago, beechnutbob said:

I just had mine tig welded and the machined back to original flat on top of battle.   No more gas one lense

It’s nice if you can tig weld  and then machine it yourself but I wouldn’t be paying someone to do those things for me. 

Also funny by two barrels were signature required so I had to wait at the house until they finally showed at 4pm. And then just two barrels came in a box 16"x16" with two layers of foam and a box within a box.

I can post a pic if you want of my two barrels to confirm they don't look as nice as a stock barrel....

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Also funny by two barrels were signature required so I had to wait at the house until they finally showed at 4pm. And then just two barrels came in a box 16"x16" with two layers of foam and a box within a box.

I can post a pic if you want of my two barrels to confirm they don't look as nice as a stock barrel....

Yeah, my complete upper (first barrel replacement they said send in just complete upper) came back in that exact same box, then the barrel (second barrel replacement they said just send in the barrel) from my second X5 Legion was also returned in that big Sig box.  Nice box, but I thought that sure is a lot of box for just a pistol barrel.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...