Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Frankly

Remote Camera to Police Range After Hours

I know nothing about game or trail cameras but I'd like to get one or two to install at my home range for curiosity's sake and maybe to catch trespassers. 

Ideally I'd like a camera that would be able to send images directly to my cell phone. The range is a bit too far from my home to pick up my regular WiFi network and I really don't want to have another monthly bill for cellular service so manually using a card reader is OK if broadcasting gets expensive. 

I'd also like a long battery life since I'm lazy. And cheap too haha... I know, impossible but I'd love to hear some practical suggestions that will save me hours of having to read dumb Field and Stream or Amazon recommendations. Thank you!

From watching police shows on t.v. it seems a major problem

with "catching trespassers" is the camera being high enough

resolution to actually identify the people.

Not sure that a trail cam will have sufficient resolution.

But, not sure.

Yeah I know, I'm more curious than vindictive, I don't care if somebody walks my trail as long as they don't do anything bad or sue me. 

Edited by Frankly

I have some property in Vermont that I wanted to start watching who is accessing the driveway and my property. I just purchased a SPYPOINT Link S. It has cellular and Is both battery and solar powered. Bass pro shop had them for $499 and get one free. You could get the same offer now spypoints website.
I’m hoping to set it up next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk