Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remote Camera to Police Range After Hours

I know nothing about game or trail cameras but I'd like to get one or two to install at my home range for curiosity's sake and maybe to catch trespassers. 

Ideally I'd like a camera that would be able to send images directly to my cell phone. The range is a bit too far from my home to pick up my regular WiFi network and I really don't want to have another monthly bill for cellular service so manually using a card reader is OK if broadcasting gets expensive. 

I'd also like a long battery life since I'm lazy. And cheap too haha... I know, impossible but I'd love to hear some practical suggestions that will save me hours of having to read dumb Field and Stream or Amazon recommendations. Thank you!

I have some property in Vermont that I wanted to start watching who is accessing the driveway and my property. I just purchased a SPYPOINT Link S. It has cellular and Is both battery and solar powered. Bass pro shop had them for $499 and get one free. You could get the same offer now spypoints website.
I’m hoping to set it up next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 3 of the Arlo Go cameras.

They each have a SIM card, and I bought them at a local Verizon store.

They were not cheap...at $432... each...

My regular cell phone service is through AT&T.

The Arlo Go's are connected through Verizon's cell service.

But that....in my opinion is really cheap... just $35 a month for all 3 cameras.

Arlo has like their own "cloud" that the videos get uploaded to.

They keep them up for a rolling 7 day period.

I have the Arlo app on my smartphone.  So if a camera is activated by motion, my phone goes "DING!"

I can set each camera's sensitivity to motion.  Or I can have it disregard motion entirely, and activate only on noise/sound.

Once my phone goes ding, I can go through the Arlo app to see a 10 second video clip of what triggered the camera.

I can also set it up to just live stream....in real time.

They also have a speaker on them, so when my dogs start acting up, I can talk to them through the Arlo and get them to settle down.

And, there might be a siren feature on them but I haven't tried it out yet.