Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Prizm Dark Golf vs Golf vs Trail lenses for shooting?

avastcosmicarena

Anyone have any strong opinions about which is best for shooting between these 3 Oakley Prizm lenses?

The Prizm Trail Torch (rose base with an overall orange-ish tint) looks the best to me, but that one isn't available in prescription right now. So, my choices are the original Golf, the original Trail, or the Dark Golf.

This page shows their color and specs: https://www.sportrx.com/blog/oakley-prizm-sport-lens-technology/

The dark golf is closest and very similar to my PRIZM TR22 for the Oakley Si ballistic shooting glasses and great for normal daylight shooting and my primary lens. 
The si ballistic PRIZM TR45 is good for low light or cloudy days or well lit indoors. The trail at 36 would be nice in between my two for less bright days where you want a bit more light transmission 

6 hours ago, Demp223 said:

The dark golf is closest and very similar to my PRIZM TR22 for the Oakley Si ballistic shooting glasses and great for normal daylight shooting and my primary lens. 
The si ballistic PRIZM TR45 is good for low light or cloudy days or well lit indoors. The trail at 36 would be nice in between my two for less bright days where you want a bit more light transmission 

That is roughly the conclusion I came to also. I ordered a pair of the Flak 2.0 XLs with Dark Golf & Trail lenses both (so, I can swap them when I want).

I can't do TR22 or TR45, because I need a prescription to clear up astigmatism. I figured the Dark Golf would be good for afternoons & really sunny days and the Trail for mornings, overcast days, and indoor shooting.

The regular Golf would probably be good too but seemed to accentuate blue/purple too much.

I've never used rose/red tinted glasses before. Only brown/yellow/bronze. I like the contrast boost I get from those, and I hear it's even more pronounced with rose/red. So, hopefully I like them.

Edited by avastcosmicarena