Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
IHMSA15151

PMag D-60

I've been thinking of grabbing one of the PMag 60 rd drum mags with all the sales going on right now. Anyone running one? Main use would be for 3 gun (and of course zombies). How do you like it and does if function reliably or have you had issues? Thanks, Steve

15 hours ago, IHMSA15151 said:

I've been thinking of grabbing one of the PMag 60 rd drum mags with all the sales going on right now. Anyone running one? Main use would be for 3 gun (and of course zombies). How do you like it and does if function reliably or have you had issues? Thanks, Steve

What kind of deals are you finding?  Mind sharing?

I personally have dived face-first into a muddy creek bed with one loaded into my rifle, and it still ran for the rest of the weekend. After the mud started to dry and flake off on the inside, it got a little finicky about feeding when I loaded more than 50 rounds or so, but that cleared up when I broke it down and cleaned it. I've also seen people drop loaded D60s in the mud, pick them up, and have them run fine after just shaking them off a little bit. They're pretty reliable overall.

I have never seen one fail, many of the local guys here are shooting them including my son & granddaughter.

One hint we were told to load them more easily is to use a Magpul Striplula. Just got one and have not tried it. 

gerritm

It's made by Magpul. You buy them because they work. Take the thing out of the box, use it. Continue to use it for years. Mine has been rock solid with anything I've shot through it. Same for friends. We have a 5 stage, 50 round per stage match with winning times in the ~15 second range and for those matches the D60 is king. 

21 hours ago, TalkingMonkey said:

What kind of deals are you finding?  Mind sharing?

Best deal I found was yesterday for $93 at Primary Arms. Not sure if it was a Cyber Monday thing or if they still have them at that price.