Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brightest LPVO Reticle under $1000

Brigand

Been searching and researching on here. Looking at the Meopta ZD 1-4 vs. Trijicon TR25 (unless others can be recommended, see below). Already own a TR24.

Primary characteristic of importance is the brightest possible reticle. Absolutely daylight bright. Preferably "nuclear" bright aka like an Aimpoint or Trijicon when it's in the sun.

Is the Meopta ZD that bright? Any other scopes on the market in this price range with strong daytime illumination?

I know the Trijicon is insane in the sun, but the downsides is the reticle choice and it goes dark when under shade. Looking for better reticle.

Thanks everyone

Vortex Razor Gen 2, not sure anything else comes close in that price range. You can find the older/heavier non "E" model for under $1,000. The newer/lighter "E" models can be had between the $1,000-$1,100 range new if you are good at searching and negotiating. 

Also the Steiner PX4i was decently bright if I remember correctly. 

The Meoptas are MUCH brighter than Vortex viper and strike eagle.

I haven't used a razor though, so I can't speak for them.

But my Vortexes are not bright enough for competitive shooting IMHO.

They could probably work if you have an offset mounted red dot for the fast close range shots.

I dont like offset sights though, but that is a personal preference.

For reference I have a Vortex viper PST 1-4, a Vortex strike eagle1-8, a Meopta ZD 1-4 and a Meopta Meostar R1 1-4.

The vortex are great scopes for their price, and have super great warranty. But both optics and recticles are much better in the Meoptas IMHO.

And I can really recommend the ZD.

The "chevron" reticle is great for long range shooting, without feeling cluttered.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

On 12/7/2019 at 5:10 AM, grottulf said:

The Meoptas are MUCH brighter than Vortex viper and strike eagle.

For reference I have a Vortex viper PST 1-4

Just for the record, the Viper PST 1-4x24 is as you say, not daylight bright. But I think these fellas are recommending the newer PST 1-6x24, which has a much brighter center dot and different reticles than the older 1-4x24. 

Just for the record, the Viper PST 1-4x24 is as you say, not daylight bright. But I think these fellas are recommending the newer PST 1-6x24, which has a much brighter center dot and different reticles than the older 1-4x24. 
Ah, I didn't know that [emoji106]

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk