Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO milling for LH thumbrest

07yzryder

I'm getting my TSO this week and was thinking about getting the right side threaded for the evil hand thumbrest. 

Anyone done this? What's a ball park price I should be paying for such a job? I know it's a range I just want to be sure I wont be over paying for what I'm assuming is a pretty some job

I attempted the same thing. Do you have an evil hand thumb rest to test out? I found it was a little too big for the gun (no room between the thumb rest and dot mount) and opted for the Fire4Effect thumb rest. Don’t know how much the milling would be as I did it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, DeadlyHuggz said:

I attempted the same thing. Do you have an evil hand thumb rest to test out? I found it was a little too big for the gun (no room between the thumb rest and dot mount) and opted for the Fire4Effect thumb rest. Don’t know how much the milling would be as I did it myself.

I do not, not currently running a red dot as it will be a limited gun for now.

Do you happen to have a photo of the Fire4effect installed?

I wish I had the equipment, if I had the room if own a lathe and a other large tools. For now I have a Dremel and a drill press which I would not use to try this lol.

I do not, not currently running a red dot as it will be a limited gun for now.

Do you happen to have a photo of the Fire4effect installed?

I wish I had the equipment, if I had the room if own a lathe and a other large tools. For now I have a Dremel and a drill press which I would not use to try this lol.

Here’s a couple pictures: 81945337671634b17b38adf23c95f8cc.jpg0bcd442a15543aabc438774e6c2cb70b.jpg

On 12/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, DeadlyHuggz said:

Here’s a couple pictures:

Thanks, i like hwo it adjusts and its a bit more aggressive. For the installation for some reason i was assuming i needed to mill the surface flat but it looks like it can be done with a drill press and taps, did you do anything else to get it to fit (other then measure lol)

Thanks, i like hwo it adjusts and its a bit more aggressive. For the installation for some reason i was assuming i needed to mill the surface flat but it looks like it can be done with a drill press and taps, did you do anything else to get it to fit (other then measure lol)

Didn’t do anything special to fit it. Just used the drill press. Make sure the holes are straight (I think one of mine is crooked lol). I believe the hole on the left side closest to the muzzle goes all the way through the frame. I used that as a guide for the first hole. Good luck!

• 9 months later...