Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS vs TSO

Stafford

The TSO is also pre-drilled and comes with a thumb rest. The newest ones coming out of the factory seem to come with an extended left side safety and paddle mag release as well. 

Correct. Just picked one up a couple months ago.

Had extended left side safety. Color matched mag release. And metal vs polymer trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the above is correct.  The TS has a cast grip texture on front/back of frame.  TSO has cut grip texture.  

I have both.  Don't know that the TSO is $500 better than the TS.  I wouldn't have the TSO if I hadn't run into one on Gunbroker for $1250 a few months ago.

3 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Correct. Just picked one up a couple months ago.

Had extended left side safety. Color matched mag release. And metal vs polymer trigger  

The metal trigger is an interesting change. Is the front textured at all?

Do you have a polymer one to compare to? If so, is it a better trigger pull with the metal trigger?

18 minutes ago, regor said:

The metal trigger is an interesting change. Is the front textured at all?

Do you have a polymer one to compare to? If so, is it a better trigger pull with the metal trigger?

Same trigger pull weight.  The metal trigger doesn't have the slight bit of flex at the end of the trigger pull that the plastic one does.  There is no checkering or grip on either trigger.  I have the metal trigger in all 4 of my TS/TSO/Czechmate guns.

When the TS and TSO were being sold at the same time, I could never understand why anyone would buy a TSO.  For $500 more you got essentially nothing.  You got an adjustable rear sight which is something I don't want, +1 basepads which you have to discard so you can get 20 in a mag (40sw for Limited), and a thumb rest that is too small to be useful, plus you have to remove it to use anything other than a race holster..

I did a full grip reduction on my TS and put some LOK thin Boggies on it.  It fits my hand like a glove.  I can't say that for the TSO.  That just feels awkward., even with a change of grips.

I turned my TS into a full race gun.  If I were to buy another SZ single action, it would be a used TS.  Then I'd make that full race.

BTW, I like the plastic trigger better than the metal one that replaced it.  Different reach.

Edited by zzt

15 minutes ago, zzt said:

BTW, I like the plastic trigger better than the metal one that replaced it.  Different reach.

Another added benefit of the plastic trigger is that the adjustment screws don't seem to 'walk' as easy on the plastic as compared to metal triggers.

For IPSC purposes, an important difference is that the TSO has shorter factory sights than the TS. This means that its magazines can be slightly longer while fitting the Standard Division Box.