Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP SCS buffer O rings.

When I pulled the SCS buffer out of my PCC to install a Battle Arms stock on it, I noticed that the frist two O rings (four weight system) were broken and flattened. Anyone Know what causes this? I want to shoot the gun this weekend so I can't wait for JP customer service for replacement O rings. They look like standard 3/4" rings so I'll try those. Is there anything special about the JP ones?

33 minutes ago, tomv said:

When I pulled the SCS buffer out of my PCC to install a Battle Arms stock on it, I noticed that the frist two O rings (four weight system) were broken and flattened. Anyone Know what causes this? I want to shoot the gun this weekend so I can't wait for JP customer service for replacement O rings. They look like standard 3/4" rings so I'll try those. Is there anything special about the JP ones?

Can't help you about an immediate replacement, but they're a wear and tear item, and should be replaced periodically.  JP sells a maintenance kit that includes them.

7 hours ago, tomv said:

I know that viton o-rings can be used in a pinch. JP has said they are not normal o-rings though.