Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Sights for Matches

Tophernj

For target or competition sight I would go with Dawson black rear and fiber front. I prefer the .100 front blade for better precision at distance or those evil little 4” steel plates.

For night sights I would use Trijicon HD XR. It has a thinner front blade as well. Not as thin as the TCAP sights, but I have more experience with the Trijicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 11/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, bowenbuilt said:

For older eyes like yours and mine it is hard to beat a set of Dawson Match sights. Plain black rear and fiber optic front. Fixed or adjustable you cannot go wrong. I prefer the .110  wide front if you would be shooting anything out to 25 yards. For price and quality Dawson is tough to beat and they are 100 times better than any night sight indoors.

Dawson has the brightest fiber optic rods out there, almost looks like a mini red dot sight. Against their black rear sight.

Edited by usmc1974

On 11/30/2019 at 7:03 AM, Tophernj said:

I have a 17 slide that I stumbled in to.  It has a set of older, pretty dim Trijicon's on it.  I'd like to find a replacement set of sights that I can actually see with my sorry old eyes.

Trijicon, again......

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/04/trij-sro-test.jpg

Edited by SGT_Schultz