Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frostproof FL Info


Recommended Posts

I’m gonna be attending the Florida state at frostproof in January, and I’m curious if I should be concerned bout PF I shoot limited major. I live in upper east TN it’s currently in the 40-50’s here right now. I’m chrono at 170-172 PF will that change in Florida since it’ll be warmer? 

Edited by Rpope423
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, shouldn't be an issue, unless you have a reverse temperature sensitive powder, even then the change d/t temperature won't be huge in January from your chronoed temperature of 40-50.  You might find your load to be more smokey there though.  That was my experience and I assumed it was d/t the humidity.  The bays face east & west so the smoke is more noticeable on early morning stages or late afternoon stages as you shoot into the sun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m gonna be attending the Florida state at frostproof in January, and I’m curious if I should be concerned bout PF I shoot limited major. I live in upper east TN it’s currently in the 40-50’s here right now. I’m chrono at 170-172 PF will that change in Florida since it’ll be warmer? 
What powder are you using?? I'll be there as well. I use wst which is reverse temp sensitive so I'll be using my summer charge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rnlinebacker said:

What powder are you using?? I'll be there as well. I use wst which is reverse temp sensitive so I'll be using my summer charge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

What squad you in? I’m using WSF but might be using clean shot by then

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rpope423 said:

Out of curiosity what’s weather like in January? 

 

Can be as low as 27 F. first thing in the morning, warming up to 58 F.  in the afternoon,

 

or

 

it can be 60 F in the am, warming to 80 F.

 

Can also be raining …   :)    Welcome to Florida.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Squad 5 Saturday. You?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

Squad 2 thinking bout switching to 10 though 

 

1 minute ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

 

Can be as low as 27 F. first thing in the morning, warming up to 58 F.  in the afternoon,

 

or

 

it can be 60 F in the am, warming to 80 F.

 

Can also be raining …   :)    Welcome to Florida.

Ahh that sounds amazing lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd bet that TN gets similar swings in April and October.   ???

 

When I lived in NY, April is usually very rainy and lows of 35 F going up to 55 F.

but I remember snow storms in April and I remember one week in April that

was HOT in the 80's).

 

Temperature swings seem to be the norm everywhere I've lived.    :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd bet that TN gets similar swings in April and October.   ???

 

When I lived in NY, April is usually very rainy and lows of 35 F going up to 55 F.

but I remember snow storms in April and I remember one week in April that

was HOT in the 80's).

 

Temperature swings seem to be the norm everywhere I've lived.    :) 

Global warming lol 

 

1 minute ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Yea move to 10. Me and couple buddies are switching there as well

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

Yeah I’m lookin to shoot with some M and GM down there

Link to post
Share on other sites

The effects temperature, altitude and humidity have on air density, that's the difference between where you are in TN and FL when it comes to chrono. Using a ballistics calculator for those values how large of a difference do you see in your velocity 10 feet from the barrel?

 

Long story short, you won't have to change a thing if you're 175 at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...