Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me your poster child for Open Poors!

Truckin_Thumper

I built this CZ SP-01 for my wife to compete in 3-Gun Open Division. She's getting pretty good with it, just waiting on a KL-12 to show up now!

I got the pistol with Red Dot already mounted in the cut slide for $700, it had barely been shot. It also had a stainless guiderod and a few other upgrades. 

I converted it to SAO with Cajun parts and put my beloved CZC extended safety on. Plus a Shadow 2 mag release so she can drop the mag without shifting grip. Some purple LOK grips and a handful of 26 round CZ mags later and I am right at $1300 all in. 

resize1578012096277.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this poor mans open gun for about a season and a half shooting major 9 loads.  Worked surprisingly well.  Started with a threaded barrel P-09, added some springs and a Cajun race hammer, Springer Precision comp and Burris FF3 on a Springer dove tail mount.  Was on the verge of looking for a used czeckmate or 2011 when I got a 320X5 and a Romeo 1 and started shooting carry optics.  Enjoying CO enough to not be looking into "real" open guns for now but may at some point in the future.

nGirtY1.jpg 

I'm trying to jump into open major from limited. Shooting a cajunized SAO 75B 9mm.

Threaded 75B barrels are out of stock, I'm considering just buying a 6" barrel and threading the end for a comp (poors/quick/dirty). Would there be a distinct advantage to leaving it 6" or  cut down to 5" then thread? IDC about sight radius as will D/T for optic. Understood that draw and transitions would be affected, I'm mostly wanting to see if the longer barrel will allow lower pressures while still making major. I don't care about looks because people look at me and my gun in a funny way already.

rightSide.JPG

Edited by AcePrater

1 hour ago, avastcosmicarena said:

How difficult was it to do? I wish they offered something close to that stock. I prefer flatter triggers.

It wasn’t hard at all. Just make sure you go slow when straightening out the curve. Use a portable butane torch to anneal or soften the metal.

• 3 months later...