Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How fast do you run your mk7 1050?

I’ve had a older(back when there was only one version)mark 7 for a few years now. 

I’ve mostly only ran it at 1000-1200 max because that where it seemed to work best. Always had issues when going faster. 

Recently I’ve spent some time getting everything sorted out and now I can run it at 1800(actually speed, dwell and index set at 0) loading 9 minor. It actually seems slow now, everything is running so well I think it could easily go faster but my machine is not able to. 

Do you guys with the 2100-2400 or even 3500 rph 1050 PRO version find that it is capable of using these speeds? 

I'm considering getting the upgrade. 

Edited by JatCarver

I only process brass at 2400 and even then it's not reliable with the case shuttle. At 1800 I can walk away from the machine and it will rarely fault.

I usually load 9 minor at 1800 with the index at 3 -5 or so. Any faster seems to accelerate problems. 

I have loaded 100 9 minor rounds at 2400 with 0 index but I was on edge. I don't feel like it is reliable at that speed. 

With 357 sig and 9 major I slow it down to 9 index. 

I have the older Mk7 too. And like JC, considered the upgrade. I run mine comfortably at 1500 true speed loading 38 super minor. I've experimented running it faster, but the occasional toppled bullet or misfed case wasn't worth it.

If I was processing a ton of brass, I'd consider the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I load .40 major/minor at 1800 without any issues. Perhaps with a bullet sense sensor I’d feel comfortable with running it faster, but 1800 seems like a comfortable speed. I can case gauge the finished rounds about the same speed so it seems to work out. 

1800 for 9 major and index at 2 , dwell at 1 .  Was actual 1600 rph with those settings iirc . This was reliable without flinging powder everywhere . Just sent everything in for 3500 upgrade, hope to get it back soon to try brass at 3500 . 

1800 for 9 major and index at 2 , dwell at 1 .  Was actual 1600 rph with those settings iirc . This was reliable without flinging powder everywhere . Just sent everything in for 3500 upgrade, hope to get it back soon to try brass at 3500 . 
We patiently await your report. :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, dansedgli said:

Have you guys loading over 2000rph got any mods to your press? 

Just zip ties between the powder station bullet feed and seat stations, a delrin detent ball and a shell plate bearing kit. I was running at 2100 with out the detent ball and bearing kit though. 

Edited by MikeBurgess

I removed the bearing kit, ball. Useless. Also, removed all the different springs and stuff that were only covering up a different problem 

I do like the DAA spill brush, Powder measure knob and quick removal. 

Tried the shellplates and swage rod replacements but nothing special there IMO.