Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know the Swarovski Z8i 1-8x dot size at 1x?

avastcosmicarena

Does anyone here know what MOA the Swarovski Z8i 1-8x dot is at 1x?

I'm looking at buying the Trijicon SRO and/or Sig Romeo 3 XL for some pistols and thinking about trying larger dot sizes than what I'm used to. I own the Z8i and its dot is a little larger than the dot on the red dot reflex optics I have, but I don't know what size it is. Just trying to find that info so I can use it as a frame of reference.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

34 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

Ah, ok. I should've mentioned I was talking about the BRT-I reticle. It looks like the 5 moa you saw is for the dot on the 4A-IF.  It looks like the dot on the BRT-I is slightly bigger at 7.2 moa according to this app.

Well, anyway, that's what I wanted to know. Looks like the 5 moa SRO and 6 moa Romeo 3 Max/XL would be a pretty close (well, close enough) match to it. Thanks for the link.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

1 minute ago, mrd said:

No, the z8i 1-8x is SFP.

I have one, with BRT reticle.

Whoops. Sorry. wrote that while drinking lol.

Yeah, SFP. sorry. it's meant to be a fast-paced LPVO for sporting & hunting.... SFP with a red dot like a reflex optic, like most 1-6 and 1-8 (minus a few of the tactical/military style 1-8s out there).

I like SFP for 1-6x and 1-8x. FFP for longer range.

16 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Whoops. Sorry. wrote that while drinking lol.

Yeah, SFP. sorry. it's meant to be a fast-paced LPVO for sporting & hunting.... SFP with a red dot like a reflex optic, like most 1-6 and 1-8 (minus a few of the tactical/military style 1-8s out there).

I like SFP for 1-6x and 1-8x. FFP for longer range.

Fake news, deleted, my bad.

Edited by adamge

7 hours ago, adamge said:

In that case, you don't need to specify 1x when asking the size of the reticle center dot.

I don't follow. I wanted to know what it was here so that I knew whether it was bigger or smaller than the Trijicon and Sig reflex optics I was looking at.

It's 0.95 MOA at 8x according to the app, btw.