Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO 40 mags

Stafford

• 1 month later...
A magazine all setup is $47 mag, $38 aluminum basepad & $18.90 Grams follower/spring.  Works out to $104 per mag.  I run mine in .40 on the CZC 10 coil springs and follower.    

How many rounds does it hold? Reloadable ?

CZ tube with grams springs/follower + CZC basepad will get your 20 rounds of .40 reloadable. 

Some folks are able to squeeze in 21.  I stick with 20, as it's easier for me to count by 10s :)

BTW, you can buy new TS mags all day long (here in the US) for ~$45 from several places.

Edited by muncie21

The ones you are seeing for $74 are probably the ones that come with the orange base plate. No point in buying those if you have any intention to put extensions on. 

I run Spring Precision extensions ($30 each and come in orange) with CZC spring/followers and can fit 21 rounds in all of them, though they are too stiff with 21 to reliably reload with. 

Yeah, there's no cheap way out on this one--except one.  Truth be told I only put basepads on half of my TS mags because doing so loses the slide lock, and if I run dry by accident I want to know it, and half the time the extra few rounds between the two doesn't matter.  If I've got a stage to run where I might miss once or more and/or have a lot going on (memory stages screw me every time!), I'll use a regular mag when I'm closest to the count where the problem could come up be (i.e. first if the problem is at the beginning, or second if it's at the halfway or later).  Maybe I'm just a space cadet but it's just better for me.   Or if it's a classifier where the difference between 17 and 20 doesn't matter because you're reloading after 6 or 8 anyway, what do you gain from spending $30+ more bucks?  Actually a lot of stages are like that, where your reload at 12-15 is in the natural lull of the stage anyway so while maybe doing another array might be cooler, it won't make THE difference that you load on one side of it versus the other.  Not always, absolutely not, but unless you shoot monster matches all the time having all your mags be 20+ versus 16-17 really isn't getting you the price difference in value.  

So while $45-50 a mag sucks versus $15, it doesn't have to suck as bad as $90-100 each.

Edited by yellowfin