Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester "match" small pistol primers?

politegunner

Worth the price? For the first time....ever!...I had a "dud" Win s.p.p. Not a warm and fuzzy feeling. But a bit of research has suggested poor quality control. Which explains some issues I've had off and on the last 5+ years or so: big variances in my fav "old standard" loads, occassional primer hang-up in the Dillon primer tube, etc. So I'm thinking about using their "match" small pistol primers instead. The price increase is no big deal IF I do indeed get a far better quality primer. Anybody using these? If so, better? Way back when (the "big primer shortage" days!) I tried several different s.p.p. like CCI, Federal, etc. Some were a real drag as my 550B would not punch them all the way out at the re-size/de-cap/re-primer stage. Bummer. So I kept with Win...until now. 

I've had 2 bad primers (not light strikes, would not go bang in another gun) in 40 some years. One shotgun and one small pistol. Pretty amazing since 15,000 plus shotgun primers have been Cheditte. I would carry on unless you hit a much higher failure rate. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I soley use Winchester small pistol Primers. Never had an issue not going BANG unless it was a gun issue ie. Light strikes. I've shot thousands without issues. I would not worry about it and stick with the regular non match stuff. Save you move and buy more of the regular stuff.

I currently use the regular Winchester Small Primers for all matches included Area Championship matches and have full confidence in them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk