Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case pro 100?

Ok. Just bought a case pro from a member. Great price machine and mounting stand. My question is where is the plastic screw on the die. Only one I see is the one in the back top right screwed into the frame piece. They say there’s one on the moving die. Where is it?

When you roll size brass in the case pro shouldn’t that piece off brass drop into a case gauge. 
I know my grx die every one that passed through it dropped into the gauge I checked before   reloading
have a case pro that out of a 100 not one piece of brass dropped into the gauge. Zero. 
bought a case pro 100 from a member here and this is my first time using one but it’s pretty simple and brass rollsized in the case pro should drop into a case gauge. 
AM I WRONG OR DID I GET SCREWED 

1 hour ago, caspian guy said:

In my case pro no they won't. But if you size them in your sizing die after you rollsize them they should drop in.

Then what is the rollsizer good for if the die us doing it anyway. I mic 10 cases before rollsizing them top, middle and bottom by rim and wrote down the measurements. Rollsized all and remeasured. All were still the same. So to me it’s not doing anything at all if the cases measure the same. A waste of money in my opinion. Hope the member that sold it to me refunds my money back because this is not what I paid for and I would refund money back if this were the case. Haven’t heard back from him. 

Talked to mike at case pro. Well it’s gotta go back I got screwed. It’s messed up. The 2 things he said to try didn’t work so now I am out shipping it to him and whatever he’s gonna charge to fix if it can be fixed. Not a peep since I requested my money refunded from the member who sold it. Never had an issue from another member buying or selling. I guess there’s always 1 somewhere out there. As it is I have a $650 paper weight. I haven’t mentioned his name or what he goes by on here and I probably won’t he knows who he is and it’s pretty s#!tty. 

Case Pro isn't intended to resize the entire case.  It's only meant to resize the bottom.  If the brass was shot in a factory gun or one with a sloppy chamber, the brass isn't going to drop into a gage after you roll it.  You still need to full length size it to get the top part back to spec.

34 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Case Pro isn't intended to resize the entire case.  It's only meant to resize the bottom.  If the brass was shot in a factory gun or one with a sloppy chamber, the brass isn't going to drop into a gage after you roll it.  You still need to full length size it to get the top part back to spec.

Yeah I know all that now but the case pro has other issues after speaking with mike at case pro this morning. I am fine with not gauging but that’s not the issue now. This issue is it’s screwed up according to Mike. 

If you still use a resize die what’s the point of spending all that money on a roll sizer ?  . I use a resizing die and at the last place I have a lee resizing / factory crimp die . One out of 500 may not case gauge. Those get tossed in the practice ammo bucket . 

On 12/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

Mike has my case pro at his shop. Hopefully it’s something simple. He did say he would make it right. Will see. 

Sorry to hear about your bad transaction. That is a pretty low move. I hope this member refunds your money or attempts to make it right.

Slight thread drift ahead....

For some of you Case Pro owners in this thread, if you have used the Case Pro to roll size .223 brass or .308 brass...yes bottlenecked rifle brass... does the Case Pro resize or "shrink" the top part... the top 2/3rds... of the rifle case, also?

This whole notion that the Case Pro only resizes the bottom 3rd of say 9mm, .40S&W, and .38 Super cases is a brand new revelation to me.

The roll sizer rolls the bulge at the bottom of the case to the neck.  Sizing dies cannot get low enough.  The Case Pro100 also conditions the rim that's damaged from people stepping on them.

The 40 S&W is a straight wall case and is roll sized to the top, whereas the 9mm and 38 Stupid are tapered cases.

5 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

Slight thread drift ahead....

For some of you Case Pro owners in this thread, if you have used the Case Pro to roll size .223 brass or .308 brass...yes bottlenecked rifle brass... does the Case Pro resize or "shrink" the top part... the top 2/3rds... of the rifle case, also?

This whole notion that the Case Pro only resizes the bottom 3rd of say 9mm, .40S&W, and .38 Super cases is a brand new revelation to me.

No just the webbing and base