Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO trigger problem

JNW

I just shot my relatively new (several months old) TSO 9mm and had my first problem.  I’ve got about 2,000 rounds of factory 124 grain ammo through it and was shooting American Eagle today.  All of a sudden while shooting I had a dead trigger.  The gun had fired, ejected, cocked the hammer and loaded a new round.  However, the trigger had not reset.  It did this several times and then started doing it every time.  It even did it with a fresh mag in and I racked the slide by hand all the way back.  Found that the hammer was not quite cocked all the way back.  If I pushed down on the hammer a small amount it would cock and reset the trigger.  It now fails every time.  Is it just some debris in it or is something really wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

First thing, have you checked the overtravel screw? Remove it for now and try shooting it again to see if it works. If it does, just adjust your overtravel screwto allow it to reset. If not, open it up and check/clean to see what’s going on inside?

I had the same issue with my TS when I first got it, somehow the pre travel screw started to back out and wouldn’t allow the trigger to reset fully. Just had to screw it back in a little and got it back to normal.

Heard that the issue was with the aluminum trigger. It was said that the over travel screw would retain its position better with the polymer trigger than with the aluminum trigger. I have the aluminum trigger, but haven't seen any movement of the screw.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, mveto said:

I had the same issue with my TS when I first got it, somehow the pre travel screw started to back out and wouldn’t allow the trigger to reset fully. Just had to screw it back in a little and got it back to normal.

Great, I hope you put some dope on it to make the screw stick; i use nail polish.

12 hours ago, Max It said:

Great, I hope you put some dope on it to make the screw stick; i use nail polish.

I actually swapped it out for the aluminum trigger and had to lock tight both screws in place. I like the feel of the aluminum much better than the stock plastic trigger.

Finally got a chance to work on my pistol.  I backed the pretravel screw out 1/4 turn and it worked, but I gave it about 1/3 more.  I initially had it set up right on the edge of functionality.  It now has a bit more pretravel than I like, but it should shoot just fine. Also took off the rear sight to make this easier in the future.  Man, was that thing on tight!

Thanks again for all the help!

Jeff